Round 2987 vote for OGOS

Mike Shefler

May 31, 2019, 10:32:55 AM5/31/19
to Dixonary
Here are 14 defs for OGOS, one of which came from a respectable dictionary.
Vote for your two favorites no later than 10 AM EDT, Sunday, June 2.

1.  excessive pride.

2.  a breath, breeze, or gentle current.

3.  [Gr.] a large rock or stone.

4.  [Gr.] divine caprice.

5.  [Gr.] a cove.

6.  [Ancient Gr.] The central aisle in a temple.

7.  [obs.] a keystone.

8.  in Polish cookery: a traditional stew of cabbage and meat.

9.  the navel; a boss; a centre.

10.  caves along the shore or on cliffs.

11.  an ornamental case used for carrying small tools.

12.  a temple or shrine.

13.  one of the oldest forms of cheese, made in the stomach of a freshly
slaughtered young goat.

14.  [Anat.] otoliths.

Johnb - co.uk

May 31, 2019, 10:41:22 AM5/31/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

#10 #14 for me please

John

10.  caves along the shore or on cliffs.

14.  [Anat.] otoliths.

Debbie

May 31, 2019, 10:48:13 AM5/31/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
13 and 6
I personally love goat cheese...

~Bending under the weight of His mercies~

This life is temporary. This life is short.  When this life is over, our bodies will die and become empty shells, but our souls will continue to live forever.  Where will the “real you” live?  Will you live for all eternity separated from God?  Or will you spend eternity in the presence of God in heaven?   Learn more so you can make your most important decision:
http://www.godlife.com/gospel/  and  http://www.godlife.com/en/about-christianity

Judy Madnick

May 31, 2019, 10:49:59 AM5/31/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
6.  [Ancient Gr.] The central aisle in a temple.
12.  a temple or shrine.

Judy Madnick
Albany, NY

Efrem G Mallach

May 31, 2019, 11:21:46 AM5/31/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
It's Greek to me. Of those, 5 and 6 because why not.

Efrem

On May 31, 2019, at 10:32 AM, Mike Shefler <sta...@salsgiver.com> wrote:

Here are 14 defs for OGOS, one of which came from a respectable dictionary.
Vote for your two favorites no later than 10 AM EDT, Sunday, June 2.

Dave Cunningham

May 31, 2019, 11:27:06 AM5/31/19
to Dixonary
Woolworth.  5 and 10.

Dave

Tim Lodge

May 31, 2019, 5:25:58 PM5/31/19
to Dixonary
I'll try 9 and 11, please

9. the navel; a boss; a centre.

11. an ornamental case used for carrying small tools.

-- Tim L

Daniel Widdis

Jun 1, 2019, 12:46:29 AM6/1/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

6 and 7 please

Tim Bourne

Jun 1, 2019, 1:06:09 AM6/1/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
3 and 9, please.

Best wishes,

Tim Bourne.

PS As I am away from home at present, this comes from a temporary address. Please address any
replies to the address you usually use for me.

Shani Naylor

Jun 1, 2019, 7:10:42 AM6/1/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

6 & 9 for me.

Tony Abell

Jun 1, 2019, 11:21:18 AM6/1/19
to Mike Shefler

I'll try 2 and 10:

> 2.  a breath, breeze, or gentle current.

Guerri Stevens

Jun 1, 2019, 2:42:39 PM6/1/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

I vote for 5 and 11.

On 5/31/2019 10:32 AM, Mike Shefler wrote:

5.  [Gr.] a cove.

nancygoat

Jun 1, 2019, 6:14:16 PM6/1/19
to Dixonary