3037 new word: SITH

Ryan McGill

Dec 20, 2019, 8:41:25 PM12/20/19
to Dixonary
Hi, all!

Efrem's inquiry about the movie gave me an idea. So a quick trip to merriam-webster.com got me a word that we haven't yet seen and hopefully won't net any DQs.

Our word—should you all choose to accept it—is

SITH.

As listed, there is no capitalization, and I'm just going to spoil it and disclose that the definition is decidedly *not* related to any multibillion-dollar media properties, at least not in any way that I can discern.

Your job is to send an email with a single fabricated or otherwise falsified definition to ryanm...@gmail.com before the deadline, for which, please see below. Whether your definition is plausible or not is up to you. New players are welcome to send definitions as well, as are old players. For best results, please include the round number and word in your subject line.

If you're already DQ, please let me know ASAP so I can switch words without having to adjust the deadline.

Please provide your definition by 00:01 UTC Monday, 23 December, and adjust for your time zone as needed (or click here: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=SITH+definitions+due&iso=20191223T0001&p1=1440). You should have a bit less than 48 hours as of the time of this posting.

Be well, friends!

Rx.

Ryan McGill

Dec 20, 2019, 8:54:33 PM12/20/19
to Dixonary
Hi all,

A quick follow-up for two notes:

A) I'll provide the requested comments on Skywalker when I'm done for the day.

C#) By my reckoning, the voting deadline should end up just after midnight UTC on Christmas day. I'd like to be sensitive to the group's needs, so when sending in a definition, please indicate whether you'd prefer the voting window include the whole of the 25th.

Thanks,

Rx.

Daniel B Widdis

Dec 20, 2019, 9:10:57 PM12/20/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I’m on mubseat to see the movie now. I hope it doesn’t spoil the round. ;)

Sent from my iPhone

Ryan McGill

Dec 21, 2019, 1:04:29 AM12/21/19
to Dixonary
What’s a mubseat?

To answer Efrem’s query:

It’s good and satisfying, if a little limo and anticlimactic in places. I wouldn’t necessarily recommend it to folks who aren’t Star Wars fans to begin with. Folks that like the cute Star Wars stuff are sure to like it. And there’s some kind of gritty stuff in there for those that like that, too.

I’m a really big fan of the Rose Tuco character. I would have liked to see her do more, but they didn’t do bad by her.

And for what it’s worth, I think they did justice to every character in-series.

Without saying too much, I felt like there was a bit too much material in the movie that was entirely new to the saga, and at times it felt like they were using that to write themselves out of a corner. But it wasn’t bad at any point.

By a long shot, the best bits were the jokes and the moments where the characters connect. I was laughing most of the way throughout, and I teared up a few times.

And the absolute best bit was how they exploited the Force connection between Rey and Kylo. They’ve been building up to that for three films, and it pays off all the way through.

If you’re looking forward to it, I hope you enjoy it. I did.

I could say more, but I think I may run the rick of getting spoilery, so I’ll leave it at that. And anyone who wants to email me directly to have spoilery chats is more than welcome.

Rx.

Daniel B Widdis

Dec 21, 2019, 1:30:48 AM12/21/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
It’s “I’m in my seat”. Typed in a hurry cuz lights were going down.

Also, it was awesome.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 20, 2019, at 10:04 PM, Ryan McGill <ryanm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> What’s a mubseat?

Debbie

Dec 21, 2019, 8:46:40 AM12/21/19
to Dixonary
Thanks for the review, Ryan. I may go see it now. I'm move of a Star Trek over Star Wars persons, but I still enjoy the movies.

Now would "sith" be a zit on the face of person with a lisp? NAD

--
~Bending under the weight of His mercies~

The God Who created everything there is, is also rich in mercy and love towards us.  But man’s sinfulness has separated us from God.Sin is missing the mark of being 100% holy as God is holy—His will for us.  God demonstrated His love by becoming like us, only perfectly, living, walking, teaching, healing, among us, and then dying publicly and finally rising from the dead 3 days later. This sacrificial death PAID for our sins and CREDITS us with His righteousness when we believe in Him and what He did. By 100% relying on Messiah’s work and not our own good deeds, He saves us and gives us eternal life. For the wages of sin is death, but the Gift of God is eternal life through Jesus  the Lord.Would you accept this Jesus into your life and His forgiveness of your sin?