Rnd 2990 QUICE TREE - Vote

John Barrs

Jun 12, 2019, 4:37:30 PM6/12/19
to Dixonary
Here are 12 definitions brought to you at great expense of wit and wisdom by our esteemed panel of experts. Now your job is to decide which is the definition that was submitted by a dictionary

Vote for TWO definitions, as a public forum or group message (in reply to this one), before the deadline..

 9:00 pm on Friday, 14 Jun 2019 in the UK
4:00 pm on        East Coast USA
1:00 pm on        West Coast USA
5:00 am on 15 Jun in parts of Oz

New Players are welcome, even if you didn't submit a definition you may vote.

JohnnyB

1. [Obs.] Gorse

 2. a twig. [Obs.]

 3. Tree of Knowledge

 4. a fast sorting algorithm

 5. (military) an arrangement of snipers

 6. a Nigerian slang term for a cell phone tower

 7. a stand on which knights hung their shields between jousts at a tournament.

 8. in Norse mythology, a tree in which the soul of a fallen warrior was
believed to reside.

 9. an etymological diagram showing the relationship between morphemes and the words thus derived

10. [Comp.] a data structure consisting of two or more trees with varying
numbers of  links between their nodes

11. a data tree structure in which, at every level, the left branch contains (as nearly as possible) twice as many elements as the right branch

12. found mostly in the Pacific Islands, a unique tree that develops strange rainbow coloration when the surface layer of bark falls off, the bark underneath turns brown and over time changes colors

France International/Mike Shefler

Jun 12, 2019, 4:45:45 PM6/12/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I'll go with 7 and 12.

Tim Lodge

Jun 12, 2019, 5:55:35 PM6/12/19
to Dixonary
Not that I beleive them, but I'll vote for 3 and 9.

 3. Tree of Knowledge

 9. an etymological diagram showing the relationship between morphemes and the words thus derived

--  Tim L

Debbie

Jun 12, 2019, 6:08:47 PM6/12/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
12 and 7

~Bending under the weight of His mercies~

This life is temporary. This life is short.  When this life is over, our bodies will die and become empty shells, but our souls will continue to live forever.  Where will the “real you” live?  Will you live for all eternity separated from God?  Or will you spend eternity in the presence of God in heaven?   Learn more so you can make your most important decision:
http://www.godlife.com/gospel/  and  http://www.godlife.com/en/about-christianity

nancygoat

Jun 12, 2019, 6:28:21 PM6/12/19
to Dixonary
I'm sure it's not a tree, so I'll stab at 4 and 5.

Nancy

Judy Madnick

Jun 12, 2019, 9:54:08 PM6/12/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
1. [Obs.] Gorse

 7. a stand on which knights hung their shields between jousts at a tournament.

Judy Madnick
Currently in Guilford, CT

Daniel Widdis

Jun 12, 2019, 10:28:42 PM6/12/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

12 for Pride month and 7 for my son’s last day of high school tomorrow as a “Knight”.

Tim Lodge

Jun 13, 2019, 7:59:09 AM6/13/19
to Dixonary
Good grief - your son's leaving high school!  I think I remember (can't be too sure these days!) that you announced his birth here, and that doesn't seem all that long ago.

--  Tim

Guerri Stevens

Jun 13, 2019, 11:19:43 AM6/13/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

I vote for 3 and 7.

On 6/12/2019 4:37 PM, John Barrs wrote:
 3. Tree of Knowledge

Efrem G Mallach

Christopher Carson

Jun 13, 2019, 2:18:26 PM6/13/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I’ll go for 7 and 9.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone

Tony Abell

Jun 14, 2019, 8:28:24 AM6/14/19
to John Barrs

I'll randomly guess 1 and 6:

> 1. [Obs.] Gorse

Ryan McGill

Jun 14, 2019, 12:23:03 PM6/14/19
to Dixonary
10 & 11 look like they may be right.

I saw #12 when in Hawaii last winter, and I don’t think that’s what it was called, but my memory isn’t the best. Either way, they were fantastically beautiful.