[Dixonary] Round 3198 BOOPS BOOPS Voting Time

Efrem G Mallach

Sep 24, 2021, 9:24:25 PM9/24/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Fellow players,

Eleven definitions of BOOPS BOOPS follow; fewer than one might wish, but enough for a good round. One is correct. The rest are your creations. They have been edited for format consistency and are in ascending order by character count. That might not correspond to visual length in your email display font.

Please vote for two by Reply to this message before the deadline that follows the list (not quite 48 hours from now). If you realize on seeing the definitions that you know what BOOPS BOOPS means, let me know by private email to emal...@verizon.net

1. Errors.

2. Wanton; unchaste.

3. [sl.] Delirium tremens.

4. Classic 1950s jukebox music.

5. Fabric of uneven looped yarn.

6. Errors in transmission of Morse code.

7. A kind of fish that has protruding eyes.

8. A species of sea bream native to the eastern Atlantic.

9. [Austral. sl.] A sexually suggestive gesture or dance movement; prob. from Betty Boop, 1930s American cartoon character.

10. Expressing warning or dismay, esp. at an obvious but usually minor mistake on the part of another [?portmanteau of boob + oops].

11. A gift given to a newborn of Caribbean parents for the child's christening or first birthday, usually made of copper, silver or gold.

Votes are due 9 pm Sunday in North American Eastern Daylight Time. I think that's also (you may want to check):

- 8 pm Sunday in Chicago
- 6 pm Sunday in California
- 1 pm Monday in Wellington
- 3 am Monday in Paris and Cape Town
- 2 am Monday in London

and, as one might expect, other times in other places.

New players are welcome to vote, as are old friends who didn't submit a definition. The only requirement is that you not know what BOOPS BOOPS means. Full rules at  http://www.dixonary.net/game-rules-and-advice/rules .

Vote on!

Efrem

Judy Madnick

Sep 24, 2021, 10:17:12 PM9/24/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I don't believe any of them, including mine.

I'll choose these, which seem kinda' similar, although I don't know what a "sea beam" is:

7. A kind of fish that has protruding eyes.

8. A species of sea bream native to the eastern Atlantic.

Judy Madnick

Paul Keating

Sep 25, 2021, 2:25:52 AM9/25/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
3 & 5.

Shani Naylor

Sep 25, 2021, 6:23:36 AM9/25/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I haven't got the faintest idea what this might be, so I'll vote 5 & 11.

Ann Druce

Sep 25, 2021, 8:13:02 AM9/25/21
to Dixonary

6 and 11

Regards

Ann

photo

Ann Druce
Strategically Digital

signature_429778284

signature_247906145

Phone  082 788 8582

Email  a...@anndruce.com

Website  www.anndruce.com

Johnb - co.uk

Sep 25, 2021, 8:57:17 AM9/25/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
#4 and #8 for me please

JohnnyB

Debbie Embler

Sep 25, 2021, 8:58:21 AM9/25/21
to Dixonary
5 and 6 please

Tim B

Sep 25, 2021, 11:46:35 AM9/25/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I really don't have the slightest idea ( which is why I didn't submitm a definition), but 4 and 10
seem least unlikely.

Best wishes,
Tim Bourne.

France International/Mike Shefler

Sep 25, 2021, 7:16:32 PM9/25/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I'll go with 4 and 8.

Daniel B Widdis

Sep 26, 2021, 11:42:06 AM9/26/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I’ll go fishing with 7-8

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 24, 2021, at 6:24 PM, 'Efrem G Mallach' via Dixonary <dixo...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

amal...@comcast.net

Sep 26, 2021, 11:49:43 AM9/26/21
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

Efrem – I don’t buy any of them, but I’ll vote for 3 and 6 just the same.

Alan

Sep 26, 2021, 8:21:24 PM9/26/21
to 'Efrem G Mallach' via Dixonary

I'll try 4 and 8 along with many others: