[Dixonary] Time to vote for what BAFT means!

Efrem Mallach

Jul 17, 2022, 9:00:42 AM7/17/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

Fellow addicts,

Following are ten definitions of BAFT. Please vote for two that you like for any reason, such as (but not necessarily) thinking they might be correct, by public reply to this message:

1. An absurdity.

2. A genomic clone.

3. To plant firmly; establish.

4. [Scot.] disoriented; dizzy.

5. A coarse cotton based fabric.

6. The shaft or handle of a scythe.

7. 1. The stern of a ship. 2. The tail of an airplane.

8. The upright or moving arm of the Kittredge knitting machine.

9. [Med.] orig. a sickle, from the Latin; currently a curved scalpel.

10. A form of paper currency used by British forces occupying Germany after the Second World War (British Armed Forces Token) and discontinued in favor of the Deutsche Mark in 1959.

The deadline for voting is 48 hours from now: 9 am Tuesday in the eastern U.S., and:

Vote on!

Efrem

France International/Mike Shefler

Jul 17, 2022, 9:09:11 AM7/17/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I'll go with 3 and 5.

Berger, Deborah

Jul 17, 2022, 10:53:40 AM7/17/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
6 and 7 please.

Deborah Fein, Ph.D.
UConn Board of Trustees Distinguished Professor
Department of Psychological Sciences
Department of Pediatrics
University of Connecticut
debora...@uconn.edu

Jul 17, 2022, 11:37:29 AM7/17/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Interesting set --- I'll go for #7 and #10 please

JohnnyB

Daniel B Widdis

Jul 17, 2022, 1:18:30 PM7/17/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
5 and 8 by process of elimination.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 17, 2022, at 6:00 AM, Efrem Mallach <efrem....@gmail.com> wrote:

BAFT voting deadline.png

Vote on!

Efrem

Paul Keating

Jul 17, 2022, 2:50:02 PM7/17/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I vote for 4 & 10.

Chowie

Jul 17, 2022, 5:59:41 PM7/17/22
to Dixonary
1 and 5 please.

--
BAFT voting deadline.png

Tim Lodge

Jul 18, 2022, 3:41:22 AM7/18/22
to Dixonary
Thinking that I'd voted, I looked up the word, so I'm now DQ.

--Tim L

Shani Naylor

Jul 18, 2022, 3:50:07 AM7/18/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
What? No illustrated defs?

I'll vote for #1 to describe #10

1. An absurdity.

10. A form of paper currency used by British forces occupying Germany after the Second World War (British Armed Forces Token) and discontinued in favor of the Deutsche Mark in 1959.

Tony Abell

Jul 18, 2022, 12:28:58 PM7/18/22
to Efrem Mallach

I find 7 and 10 most convincing: