OT: Comment on rules

Johnb - co.uk

Jan 20, 2022, 5:13:21 PM1/20/22
to Dixonarians
People

it seems to me that awarding 2 points for voting for the actual definition overweights the voting when there are only a few definitions. I suggest that voting for the actual definition is only worth 1 point if the number of definitions is 12 or less

Thoughts please
--
JohnnyB

Chowie

Jan 20, 2022, 5:48:59 PM1/20/22
to Dixonary
How about 10 or less?

I would like to see a 2 point award going to the dealer whose word stumps everyone.

France International/Mike Shefler

Jan 20, 2022, 5:50:20 PM1/20/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I don't like the idea. And it would clobber the statistics.

Judy Madnick

Jan 20, 2022, 7:35:16 PM1/20/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I always dislike seeing rules change unless there's a really good reason. We just have to encourage players to submit definitions, extend submission times as necessary, and invite "newbies" to join us.

JMO,

Judy

Jan 20, 2022, 10:29:25 PM1/20/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Paul,

As you already know from my message, I agree with you.

Judy

Jan 22, 2022, 11:15:32 AM1/22/22
to Dixonary Group
FWIW, since I am an infrequent player, I am with you, Mike.

All those years of historical play would get wildly skewed in the statistics. Does the low submission rate come up often enough to warrant this change?

Steve Dixon

     “Wherever you are is the entry point”  ~Kabir Das