PELORIA Defs!

Dave Cunningham

Dec 29, 2019, 9:56:38 AM12/29/19
to Dixonary
For which kindly vote for two sans dictionary before 9 a.m. EST on Tuesday, New Year's Eve.

  1. of copper
  2. a dolphin family pod
  3. a thin, narrow groove or channel
  4. regularity in a normally irregular flower
  5. a) the markhoor. b) the secretary bird.
  6. a soft silk fabric once used especially for linings
  7. a wasting disease caused by low levels of vitamin A
  8. a disease causing discoloration of the deep-waqqter fish
  9. a constantly changing scene composed of numerous elements
 10. the free swimming larvae of aquatic decapod crustaceans such as crabs and lobsters
 11. a fungal disease of oak trees (C. gattii) resulting in small leaves, scanty acorns, and eventual death without treatment.

Dave (been around a while, it seems)

France International/Mike Shefler

Dec 29, 2019, 11:33:45 AM12/29/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I'll fall for 1 and 5.

Judy Madnick

Dec 29, 2019, 11:36:58 AM12/29/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
 With the assumption that "waggter" should be "water" and it's the dealer's typo, I'll go with these:

  8. a disease causing discoloration of the deep-waqqter fish
 10. the free swimming larvae of aquatic decapod crustaceans such as crabs and lobsters

Judy Madnick
Albany, NY

Johnb - co.uk

Dec 29, 2019, 11:46:43 AM12/29/19
to Dixonarians

I hope you are beginning to feel better

#3 and #4 for me please

JohnnyB

Debbie

Dec 29, 2019, 12:50:07 PM12/29/19
to Dixonary
3 and 9 for no good reason

~Bending under the weight of His mercies~

The God Who created everything there is, is also rich in mercy and love towards us.  But man’s sinfulness has separated us from God.Sin is missing the mark of being 100% holy as God is holy—His will for us.  God demonstrated His love by becoming like us, only perfectly, living, walking, teaching, healing, among us, and then dying publicly and finally rising from the dead 3 days later. This sacrificial death PAID for our sins and CREDITS us with His righteousness when we believe in Him and what He did. By 100% relying on Messiah’s work and not our own good deeds, He saves us and gives us eternal life. For the wages of sin is death, but the Gift of God is eternal life through Jesus  the Lord.Would you accept this Jesus into your life and His forgiveness of your sin?

Daniel B Widdis

Dec 29, 2019, 1:02:48 PM12/29/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

No clue.  Ruling out pods of sea creatures and diseases helps narrow the choices.

I’ll take 4, because who doesn’t want to be regular, and 6 because who doesn’t love silk linings?

Efrem G Mallach

Dec 29, 2019, 1:20:30 PM12/29/19
to Dixonary
Following Dan Widdis's logic, but reaching different conclusions: 5 and 9.

Efrem

========================

On Dec 29, 2019, at 9:56 AM, Dave Cunningham <cunn...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

For which kindly vote for two sans dictionary before 9 a.m. EST on Tuesday, New Year's Eve.

  5. a) the markhoor. b) the secretary bird.

Tim Lodge

Dec 29, 2019, 3:09:46 PM12/29/19
to Dixonary
I don't see my def here - I've sent you a private email with more detail to both of the addresses I have for you.

As for voting, I'll try 7 and 11.

  7. a wasting disease caused by low levels of vitamin A

11. a fungal disease of oak trees (C. gattii) resulting in small leaves, scanty acorns, and eventual death without treatment.

--  Tim L

Dave Cunningham

Dec 29, 2019, 3:22:04 PM12/29/19
to Dixonary
2 dp though I fear the "email illness" which strikes me has no apparent cure - Dave

Shani Naylor

Dec 29, 2019, 6:55:14 PM12/29/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I'll vote 6 & 11

nancygoat

Dec 29, 2019, 9:34:11 PM12/29/19
to Dixonary
I'll take 3 and 7.

Nancy

Tim Lodge

Dec 30, 2019, 10:02:20 AM12/30/19
to Dixonary
Thank you.  Did you get any of the emails I sent you?

--  Tim L

Dave Cunningham

Dec 30, 2019, 10:23:42 AM12/30/19
to Dixonary
Only your last one.    At least the "curse of ATT email" did not strike me this week.

Dave

Tony Abell

Dec 30, 2019, 4:22:33 PM12/30/19
to Dave Cunningham

I'll take 3 and 6:

> 3. a thin, narrow groove or channel

Ryan McGill

Dec 30, 2019, 6:31:01 PM12/30/19
to Dixonary
Going with 4 &10.

  4. regularity in a normally irregular flower
 10. the free swimming larvae of aquatic decapod crustaceans such as crabs and lobsters

I'm going to avoid the urge to choose definitions about diseases and just provide my favorite song about diseases:

Christopher Carson

Dec 31, 2019, 8:07:19 AM12/31/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

6 and 11