Rd 3087: Muley defs up

nancygoat

Jul 11, 2020, 6:42:26 PM7/11/20
to Dixonary
I know it's Saturday here, but I had so many meetings that this is a late posting,  Sorry!

There are a healthy 15 defs below for you to vote for, picking your two favorites.  People who didn't submit a def can also vote for two.

Deadline for voting is a little extended.  Might as well be because I'll probably be late on that, too.

Please vote by 3 a.m. EDT on Monday July 13, 8 a.m. GMT.  I'll be posting the vote, I hope, before I go to my Zumba class (via Zoom) Monday morning.

Good luck and happy voting!

Nancy

1. a kind of fish like a perch, found in the Nile.

2. A prostitute

3. Contrived or artificial

4. [Midwest sl.] a poor farmer.

5. when travelling by canoe on a river with rapids, an alternative to a portage, consisting of a muddy slope on which a canoe could be hauled up or lowered down.

6. A fissile rock composed of layers of clay-like, fine-grained sediments.

7. polled, hornless

8. a mild mannered person

9. a clump or grove of trees on a prairie or other generally treeless area.

10. a thick corn porridge made by Native Americans in the Andean regions of South America, from Quechua, mulé.

11. A tractor used to move railroad cars in paved areas such as docks.

12. Term used by actors for a line they keep forgetting

13.  A blow to the back of the head.

14.  a coarse shirt for hunting, often of leather.

15. a modified form of the Greek letter mu, of uncertain sound value, used in some Old Coptic text.

Judy Madnick

Jul 11, 2020, 7:03:29 PM7/11/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
8 and  10 for me today.

Judy Madnick

Albany, NY

nancygoat

Jul 12, 2020, 12:50:37 AM7/12/20
to Dixonary
Does everybody know they can vote now?  Or have I completely confused everyone including myself?

Daniel B Widdis

Jul 12, 2020, 12:57:17 AM7/12/20
to Dixonary

I’m waiting for you to post a list that includes the real def, since none of the options can possibly be true.

Tim B

Jul 12, 2020, 4:15:30 AM7/12/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
4 and 11, please.

Best wishes,
Tim Bourne.

Tim Lodge

Jul 12, 2020, 8:38:49 AM7/12/20
to Dixonary
I'll go for the porridge and the uncertain sound:  10 and 15.

10. a thick corn porridge made by Native Americans in the Andean regions of South America, from Quechua, mulé.

15. a modified form of the Greek letter mu, of uncertain sound value, used in some Old Coptic text.

--  Tim L

France International/Mike Shefler

Jul 12, 2020, 10:01:42 AM7/12/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I'll go for 1 and 11.

amal...@comcast.net

Jul 12, 2020, 3:08:12 PM7/12/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

I too am utterly unconvinced by any of them. However, I am less unconvinced by a few. For no particular reason, I’ll try #6 and #11.

Alan

Jul 12, 2020, 3:38:20 PM7/12/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
4 & 11 for me.

nancygoat

Jul 12, 2020, 3:54:22 PM7/12/20
to Dixonary
Don't wait forever, Daniel.

Daniel B Widdis

Jul 12, 2020, 4:02:34 PM7/12/20
to Dixonary

11 and 5, with a nod to Guy Fawkes.

Efrem G Mallach

Debbie

Jul 12, 2020, 7:49:46 PM7/12/20
to Dixonary
11 and 5 please

~Bending under the weight of His mercies~

Through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Through Him everyone who believes is justified from everything you could not be justified from by the Law of Moses (Acts 13:38-39)

Hugo Kornelis

Jul 13, 2020, 4:20:42 AM7/13/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nancy,

Whooops, I see I'm a bit late. Hopefully not too late.

My votes are for two agricultural defs. Not planned this way, these were just the two defs that remained after repeated shortening of my shortlist.

4. [Midwest sl.] a poor farmer.

11. A tractor used to move railroad cars in paved areas such as docks.

Cheers,
Hugo