Round 2997 time to vote - SOUL SCOT

Shani Naylor

Jul 10, 2019, 6:17:36 PM7/10/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

We have 11 definitions for our perusal - please vote for two.

1.         Any of several large Old World insectivorous bats of the genus _Nyctalus_.

2.         A mildly hallucinogenic mushroom found in the Scottish highlands.

3.         Any tax levied on a per-capita basis; e.g., a poll tax.

4.         A member of a strict branch of the Presbyterian faith largely limited to the Western Isles.

5.         The coin placed in or on the mouth of a dead person before burial, as a payment or bribe for Charon, the ferryman who conveyed souls across the river Styx.

6.         Reel-like Scottish dance of moderate tempo.

7.         A type of spur.

8.         One who is poor but lives in optimistic expectation of better fortune.

9.         A Presbyterian (Church of Scotland) adherent to the full Westminster Confession of Faith (Church of England), a High Church of Scotland member.

10.       A fishwife; not only foul-mouthed but with a bad-temper - prickly like the Scottish Thistle.

11.       A mortuary fee or present paid to the clergy from a deceased's estate.

The deadline for voting is 10pm Friday 12 July (my time) or:

Los Angeles, CA, USA
Fri, 12 Jul 2019
3:00 a.m.

New York, NY, USA
Fri, 12 Jul 2019
6:00 a.m.

London, United Kingdom
Fri, 12 Jul 2019
11:00 a.m.

Efrem G Mallach

Jul 10, 2019, 9:52:33 PM7/10/19
to Dixonary
Maybe I'm in a morbid mood, but I'll start things off with 5 and 11.

Efrem

On Jul 10, 2019, at 6:17 PM, Shani Naylor <shani....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all

We have 11 definitions for our perusal - please vote for two.

5.         The coin placed in or on the mouth of a dead person before burial, as a payment or bribe for Charon, the ferryman who conveyed souls across the river Styx.

Debbie

Jul 10, 2019, 10:05:59 PM7/10/19
to Dixonary
My vote below. I meant to send to entire group.

Jul 10, 2019, 10:21:06 PM7/10/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Judy has also voted, as below:

Jul 10, 2019, 11:48:17 PM7/10/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I'll go with 8 and 11.

Tim B

Jul 11, 2019, 6:51:51 AM7/11/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
2 and 11, please.

Best wishes,
Tim Bourne.

Johnb - co.uk

Jul 11, 2019, 7:26:41 AM7/11/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

taxes for me...#3 and #11 please

JohnnyB

Tony Abell

Jul 11, 2019, 7:43:42 AM7/11/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

I'll go with the fees: 3 and 11:

> 3.         Any tax levied on a per-capita basis; e.g., a poll tax.

Daniel B Widdis

Jul 11, 2019, 8:29:20 AM7/11/19
to Shani Naylor, dixo...@googlegroups.com
10 and 11 please!

Sent from my iPhone

Judy Madnick

Jul 11, 2019, 8:40:29 AM7/11/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I thought I had made the change, but I'm probably thinking about my submission. Well, old habits die hard. Sorry.

Judy

Dave Cunningham

Jul 11, 2019, 10:53:50 AM7/11/19
to Dixonary
3 and 4 today
Dave'

Tim Lodge

Jul 11, 2019, 2:11:50 PM7/11/19
to Dixonary
I'll try 7 and 11.

7.         A type of spur.

11.       A mortuary fee or present paid to the clergy from a deceased's estate.

--  Tim L

Guerri Stevens

Jul 12, 2019, 12:26:41 PM7/12/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com