HIANT Defs!

Dave Cunningham

Nov 14, 2019, 10:08:40 AM11/14/19
to Dixonary
Short list - ATT managed to snarfle a bit, I fear.  Took an hour to actually round this group up.

1. gaping
  2. chaos and confusion
  3. a grapple in wrestling
  4. the orang-utan, pongo pygmaeus
  5. Architecture a flat disk used as an ornament
  6. living at or related to the bottom of a lake or sea
  7. a small wild goose that breeds in Arctic regions and has a black neck and head
  8. [obs[ old form of chianti; always used as a noun and most frequently as a derogatory reference to it being thin and watery

Deadline Saturday morning at 7 a.m. or so EST.

Many apologies, but I have no idea why ATT messed up everything.

Dave

Dave Cunningham

Nov 14, 2019, 10:11:57 AM11/14/19
to Dixonary
2 ATT points to Tim Lodge!   ATT auto-trashed it and did not let me find it. ARGH!

Judy Madnick

Nov 14, 2019, 10:23:17 AM11/14/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I'll try these (it wasn't very helpful to me that there were so few definitions!:

2. chaos and confusion

Johnb - co.uk

Nov 14, 2019, 10:41:57 AM11/14/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

#1 and #7 for me please

JohnnyB

Tim Lodge

Nov 14, 2019, 11:02:03 AM11/14/19
to Dixonary
I'll try 1 and 8.

1. gaping

8. [obs[ old form of chianti; always used as a noun and most frequently as a derogatory reference to it being thin and watery

--  Tim L

Debbie

Nov 14, 2019, 11:08:04 AM11/14/19
to Dixonary
My def is missing also :(

Debbie

Nov 14, 2019, 11:09:12 AM11/14/19
to Dixonary
Voting for 2 and 7

France International/Mike Shefler

Nov 14, 2019, 11:18:06 AM11/14/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
My def missing also, even though I sent it 3 times from different email addresses!

I'll vote for 1 and 7.

Shani Naylor

Nov 14, 2019, 4:54:11 PM11/14/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
1 & 5 for me.

Efrem G Mallach

Nov 14, 2019, 5:43:52 PM11/14/19
to Dixonary
5 and 7, because why not.

Efrem

On Nov 14, 2019, at 10:08 AM, Dave Cunningham <cunn...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

Short list - ATT managed to snarfle a bit, I fear.  Took an hour to actually round this group up.

  5. Architecture a flat disk used as an ornament

Christopher Carson

Nov 14, 2019, 6:38:22 PM11/14/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Was there a vote somewhere in Shani’s message? I’m not sure what happened there.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone

=
1. gaping
  2. chaos and confusion
  3. a grap= ple in wrestling
  4. the orang-utan, pongo pygmaeus  =
  5. Architecture a flat disk used as an ornament    6. living at or related to the bottom of a lake or sea
  7= . a small wild goose that breeds in Arctic regions and has a black neck and= head
  8. [obs[ old form of chianti; always used as a noun and mo= st frequently as a derogatory reference to it being thin and watery

Deadline Saturday morning at 7 a.m. or so EST.

Many apologies, but I have no idea why ATT messed up e= verything.

Dave

--0000000000005db103059755859a--

Shani Naylor

Nov 14, 2019, 7:01:41 PM11/14/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Yes, 1 & 5.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Dixonary" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dixonary/BN8PR04MB59563D38533E8DFED2FAF9BCAE710%40BN8PR04MB5956.namprd04.prod.outlook.com.

Ryan McGill

Nov 14, 2019, 9:22:13 PM11/14/19
to Dixonary
Looks like ATT lost mine, too. I liked it. Might use it again.

2 because it's incredibly fitting for this round, and 4 because i kind of believe it.

  2. chaos and confusion

Daniel B Widdis

Nov 15, 2019, 12:05:28 AM11/15/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com