Round 3119 - TITI- VOTE NOW!

Judy Madnick

Nov 12, 2020, 6:47:36 PM11/12/20
to Dixo...@googlegroups.com
Here are 13 definitions for the word TITI shared as I received them (no time to be consistent!) — but only one is correct. Please send your votes by responding to the Dixonary group for what you believe are two definitions most likely to have come from a dictionary. The deadline for voting is Saturday, November 14, at 9 a.m. Eastern Standard Time.  http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

Any misspellings, weird spacing, etc., are my fault and not an indication of the accuracy of a particular definition.

1. (Zool.) the American woodcock.

2. [Algonq.] the elk.

3. A repeated design in batik fabric.

4. An African savanna grass, typically growing to about 60cm/2' in height.

5. small South American arboreal monkey.

6. [Obs. rare] To canter [from tittup]

7. a small tree-dwelling shrew (Phascolosorex dorsalis) native to Papua-New Guinea.

8. New Guinea Pidgin. Afternoon tea.

9. [Quechua] sky, air; often used figuratively to denote height or elevation.

10. The sooty shearwater or muttonbird.

11. a goddess [Egyptian].

12. [Swahili] a term of respect for one’s elders.

13. Coffee brewed with nutmeg.

Good luck!

Judy Madnick

Debbie

Nov 12, 2020, 7:01:57 PM11/12/20
to Dixonary
8 and 12 por favor

~Bending under the weight of His mercies~

Through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. Through Him everyone who believes is justified from everything you could not be justified from by the Law of Moses (Acts 13:38-39)

Daniel B Widdis

Nov 12, 2020, 11:38:39 PM11/12/20
to Dixonary

I’ll take 3 and 6 please

Tim B

Nov 13, 2020, 4:48:02 AM11/13/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
3 and 8, please.

Best wishes,
Tim Bourne.

France International/Mike Shefler

Nov 13, 2020, 12:49:47 PM11/13/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I'll try 8 and 12.

Tim Lodge

Nov 13, 2020, 5:54:05 PM11/13/20
to Dixonary
For a change, I believe most of these, so it's been a struggle to decide on 8 and 9.

     8. New Guinea Pidgin. Afternoon tea.

     9. [Quechua] sky, air; often used figuratively to denote height or elevation.

--  Tim L

Shani Naylor

Nov 13, 2020, 7:10:29 PM11/13/20
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I'll vote 2 & 12.

2. [Algonq.] the elk.

12. [Swahili] a term of respect for one’s elders.

Ryan McGill

Nov 13, 2020, 7:28:19 PM11/13/20
to Dixonary
I can't think of a quip, or rationale other than I like them because they're weird, so 10 & 13.

Efrem G Mallach