[Dixonary] Round 2989 word, define FLIFFIS

Efrem G Mallach

Jun 6, 2019, 9:00:32 AM6/6/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Folks,

I suspected this was coming, but went to sleep a bit before the results arrived (2:08 am in my time zone) so I couldn't get a new word out right away. I guess I'm due; it's been 22 rounds since my last deal.

The word for Round 2989 is:

*********************
FLIFFIS
*********************

where capitalization means nothing. It just makes the letters easier to read.

Please send your invented definitions of FLIFFIS by private email to emallach at verizon dot net in the next 36 or so hours, by 9 pm US EDT on Fri., June 7. If  you know what it means, please let me know ASAP by private email. If enough people know it I'll pick another word. Just don't hit Reply or Reply All. Either will send your message to the whole group.

According to timeanddate.com, the deadline is:

and other times in other places. You might want to confirm any time conversion that affects you. That site's good, but nobody's perfect.

I expect votes to be due two days later, 9 pm Sunday in the eastern U.S..

New players are welcome. (So are old ones who've been quiet for a while. Come back to the fold.) Just send in a definition that you invented without looking up what the word really means. Full rules at  http://www.dixonary.net/game-rules-and-advice/rules.

Efrem

Guerri Stevens

Jun 6, 2019, 11:28:46 AM6/6/19
to 'Efrem G Mallach' via Dixonary

Without strength or vigor.

Debbie

Jun 6, 2019, 11:31:08 AM6/6/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Welcome to the Circle of Crowns!

Stephen Dixon

Jun 6, 2019, 11:42:11 AM6/6/19
to Dixonary Group
It's nice to see that the tradition still lives.

Stephen Dixon
email: steved...@gmail.com

"The trouble with the world is not that people know too little, but that they know so many things that aren't so." -- attributed to Mark Twain

Judy Madnick

Jun 6, 2019, 2:36:22 PM6/6/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

Jun 6, 2019, 4:23:03 PM6/6/19
to Dixonarians, to Tablet

John

Jun 6, 2019, 4:46:38 PM6/6/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
??

On Jun 6, 2019, at 4:22 PM, Johnb - co.uk <jo...@john-barrs.co.uk> wrote:

John

I suspected this was coming, but went to sleep a bit before the results arrived (2:08 am in my time zone) so I couldn't get a new word out right away. I guess I'm due; it's been 22 rounds since my last deal.

The word for Round 2989 is:

*********************
FLIFFIS
*********************

where capitalization means nothing. It just makes the letters easier to read.

Please send your invented definitions of FLIFFIS by private email to emallach at verizon dot net in the next 36 or so hours, by 9 pm US EDT on Fri., June 7. If  you know what it means, please let me know ASAP by private email. If enough people know it I'll pick another word. Just don't hit Reply or Reply All. Either will send your message to the whole group.

According to timeanddate.com, the deadline is:

<Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 8.58.27 AM.png>

and other times in other places. You might want to confirm any time conversion that affects you. That site's good, but nobody's perfect.

I expect votes to be due two days later, 9 pm Sunday in the eastern U.S..

New players are welcome. (So are old ones who've been quiet for a while. Come back to the fold.) Just send in a definition that you invented without looking up what the word really means. Full rules at  http://www.dixonary.net/game-rules-and-advice/rules.

Efrem

Johnb - co.uk

Jun 6, 2019, 5:19:33 PM6/6/19
to 'Efrem G Mallach' via Dixonary

Efrem

a runaway win indeed - congratulations

FLIFFIS: a dessert made from whipped egg-white and sweet wine

JohnnyB

France International/Mike Shefler

Jun 6, 2019, 5:22:05 PM6/6/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I think that's worthy of a crown.

Judy Madnick

Jun 6, 2019, 5:25:35 PM6/6/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

Two crowns in one round! Is that a record? LOL!

Jun 6, 2019, 5:26:05 PM6/6/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
You stole my crown! LOL!

Judy

On 6/6/2019 5:19 PM, Johnb - co.uk wrote:

Efrem

a runaway win indeed - congratulations

FLIFFIS: a dessert made from whipped egg-white and sweet wine

JohnnyB

fajbncfnjdklaicn.jpg

Efrem G Mallach

Jun 6, 2019, 5:26:50 PM6/6/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
That's two so far this round. How often does that happen? Don't suppose you track that too.

Efrem

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
On Jun 6, 2019, at 5:22 PM, France International/Mike Shefler <sta...@salsgiver.com> wrote:

I think that's worthy of a crown.<fajbncfnjdklaicn.jpg>

Johnb - co.uk

Jun 6, 2019, 5:29:49 PM6/6/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

I have at last upgraded my 11 year old desktop to a laptop. ( it was running Win 10 Pro but was getting slower and slower and all my efforts were failing to speed it up)   I haven't completed the set-up on this new machine so hover still equals select and click - that must have been what happened

by he way people, if you are going to come via dixonary group then please change the reply-to to yourself - see below - I think that's why the crowns

JohnnyB
On 06/06/2019 21:46, 'Efrem G Mallach' via Dixonary wrote:
??

On Jun 6, 2019, at 4:22 PM, Johnb - co.uk <jo...@john-barrs.co.uk> wrote:

John

Jun 6, 2019, 5:32:59 PM6/6/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

Efrem,

I think you cause it - see my earlier note about reply-to

JohnnyB

Johnb - co.uk

Jun 6, 2019, 5:51:20 PM6/6/19
to 'Efrem G Mallach' via Dixonary

This is merely a test to see to whom this goes - from what I can see in the address section it is only going to Efrem  - but I thought that last time - hence my crown

so if anyone else sees it please let mer know

JohnnyB

Efrem G Mallach

Jun 6, 2019, 5:59:11 PM6/6/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
John,

I got it. Let's see if anyone else does. If we don't hear from anyone else fairly soon, you (or, if you prefer, I) can send a message to the group asking if anyone else did as well.

Efrem

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

On 06/06/2019 14:00, 'Efrem G Mallach' via Dixonary wrote:
[...]

Tim Lodge

Jun 6, 2019, 6:00:05 PM6/6/19
to Dixonary
Johnny

I can see it on the Dixonary group website.

--  Tim L

On Thursday, June 6, 2019 at 10:51:20 PM UTC+1, jo...@john-barrs.co.uk wrote:

[...]

Efrem G Mallach

Jun 6, 2019, 6:00:08 PM6/6/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Actually, it seems that I just did. So, did anyone other than me get John's "This is merely a test ..." message?

Efrem

Efrem G Mallach

Jun 6, 2019, 6:03:14 PM6/6/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
So can I. Fortunately, none of the messages with real fake definitions (there's an oxymoron for you) are there. Wonder what's happening?

I can't think of any reason why a message addressed to emallach <at> verizon <dot> net should show up there.

Efrrem

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dixonary/609f50bd-33e4-449a-bbbd-fc6d2e6b4c0d%40googlegroups.com.

Judy Madnick

Jun 6, 2019, 6:09:17 PM6/6/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
LOL! I commented on that one minute before you did!

I don't track that.

Judy

Judy Madnick

Jun 6, 2019, 6:10:18 PM6/6/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I noticed that group "thing" too. However, I still have to change the "to" field regardless of how the dealer sends the message.

Judy

Efrem G Mallach

Jun 6, 2019, 6:17:15 PM6/6/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I was asking Mike. He seems to track everything else!

Debbie

Jun 6, 2019, 6:26:04 PM6/6/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Sounds delicious, Johnny B.

~Bending under the weight of His mercies~

This life is temporary. This life is short.  When this life is over, our bodies will die and become empty shells, but our souls will continue to live forever.  Where will the “real you” live?  Will you live for all eternity separated from God?  Or will you spend eternity in the presence of God in heaven?   Learn more so you can make your most important decision:
http://www.godlife.com/gospel/  and  http://www.godlife.com/en/about-christianity

Judy M.

Jun 6, 2019, 6:42:00 PM6/6/19
to Dixonary - Google Groups
Whew! Glad you didn't expect me to know!

Daniel Widdis

Jun 7, 2019, 1:09:22 AM6/7/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

John,

Sadly, the group settings override any “reply-to” that we might put on our own messages.  And there’s no way to change it.

Dan

https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-green-avg-v1.png

Johnb - co.uk

Jun 7, 2019, 5:52:21 AM6/7/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

Dan

Thanks, I sussed it out in the sense that I can change my behaviour. Buy the reason is not clear to me

Either Goode groups has changed recently (and from my side of the world Google seems to change everyday!)

or there is a difference between 32 bit Thunderbird and the 64 bit version

When I say 'reply' then it only goes to the author who - because in this case Efrem posted via the group is

'Efrem G Mallach' via Dixonary <dixo...@googlegroups.com> - and that caused it to go to the group as well (now what has changed; the group or the 64 bit I do not know)

FYI. Forward  to x@y also posts it to the group as well

Again, Thanks

John

Guerri Stevens

Jun 8, 2019, 11:15:22 AM6/8/19
to dixo...@googlegroups.com

belated thanks for the crown. I'm glad to see that it hasn't tarnished over the years.

Judy Madnick

Jun 8, 2019, 11:19:43 AM6/8/19

On 6/6/2019 9:00 AM, 'Efrem G Mallach' via Dixonary wrote:
Folks,

I suspected this was coming, but went to sleep a bit before the results arrived (2:08 am in my time zone) so I couldn't get a new word out right away. I guess I'm due; it's been 22 rounds since my last deal.

The word for Round 2989 is:

laughing.png
1-crown.jpg