ROUND 3257 - KAKAKI - VOTE NOW!

Judy Madnick

Jun 7, 2022, 1:06:04 PM6/7/22
to Dixo...@googlegroups.com
    Here are 10 definitions for the word KAKAKI shared exactly as I received them -- but only one is correct. Please send your votes by responding to the Dixonary group for what you believe are two definitions most likely to have come from a dictionary. The deadline for voting is Wednesday, June 9, at 6 p.m. http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

Any misspellings, weird spacing, etc., are my fault and not an indication of the accuracy of a particular definition.

Good luck!

1. a Japanese military attack by two coordinated forces that close in on an enemy position from different directions.

2. a brilliantly colored yellow and black fish, closely related to the reef triggerfish.

3. [Hawai'i] a male hula dancer.

4. A three- to four-metre long metal trumpet used in Hausa traditional ceremonial music.

5. African cloth woven with bright wavy colours.

6. a semi-poisonous Central American tree frog _Cruziohyla sylviae_.

7. In Filipino cookery: very long, thin noodles made with rice flour. Also: a dish made with such noodles.

8. The traditional male tattoo of Hawaii.

9. A smooth-skinned lizard _Hatteria punctata_ of New Zealand.

10. Untouchable; unclean.

France International/Mike Shefler

Jun 7, 2022, 1:29:11 PM6/7/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I'll go Hawai'ian with 3 and 8.

Judy Madnick

Jun 7, 2022, 2:42:35 PM6/7/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Glad to know my message went through!

Jun 8, 2022, 2:17:19 AM6/8/22
to Dixonary

I’ll go fish and frogs.  2 and 6.

Paul Keating

Jun 8, 2022, 3:23:10 AM6/8/22
to Dixonary
I also feel for fish and frogs. 2 and 6 please. Though I don't believe any of them. I particularly don't believe a colour can be wavy.

Paul Keating

Jun 8, 2022, 3:48:50 AM6/8/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
FWIW, Dan's is the only message in this conversation that I can see in
my mailbox. I can't see Nancy's original message or other replies to
it.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dixonary/8AC96F78-2262-4768-B4AD-FA726CE66BD1%40dixonary.net.

Daniel B Widdis

Jun 8, 2022, 3:54:41 AM6/8/22
to Dixonary
Too bad you can't see my def in the list, which was so unbelievable Judy didn't even think it was a def. __
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dixonary/CAHViCzACbA5RsQqrOskPgthO-0pTznGSRAaHvLi-nOTkue3gMA%40mail.gmail.com.

Shani Naylor

Jun 8, 2022, 4:02:00 AM6/8/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
2 & 10 for me.

Tim Lodge

Jun 8, 2022, 6:52:24 AM6/8/22
to Dixonary
I'll try 8 and 10, please.

              8. The traditional male tattoo of Hawaii.

            10. Untouchable; unclean.

--  Tim L

Fein, Deborah

Jun 8, 2022, 7:34:41 AM6/8/22
to Dixonary
5 and 9 for me. I CAN picture wavy colors!

Deborah Fein, Ph.D.
UConn Board of Trustees Distinguished Professor
Department of Psychological Sciences
Department of Pediatrics
University of Connecticut
debora...@uconn.edu

Jun 8, 2022, 8:56:39 AM6/8/22
to Dixonary
2 and 5, but I'm disappointed there are no kakaki birds on the list. Kaaa-kahhh-keee

France International/Mike Shefler

Jun 8, 2022, 9:27:51 AM6/8/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
Here's a kakariki parrot. I hope that will do.

Chowie

Jun 8, 2022, 10:08:12 AM6/8/22
to Dixonary
kakariki.jpg

Efrem Mallach

Jun 8, 2022, 2:30:53 PM6/8/22
to dixo...@googlegroups.com
I don't find any of them particularly credible (except my own, of course), but I'll go with 1 and 8 for lack of better inspiration.

Efrem