Some variance-covariance matrix elements were NA

antom...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2022, 8:33:39 AM3/9/22
to distance-sampling
Dear list,
Hi! Some time ago I 've  worked with a data set using Rdistance (see attached) and I've got this models:
 summarize_ds_models(ad10.hn,ad10.hn.s,ad10.hn.sr,ad10.hr,ad10.hr.s,ad10.hr.sr)
                 Model Key function              Formula C-vM p-value $\\hat{P_a}$
2  \\texttt{ad10.hn.s}  Half-normal                ~size   0.28617840    0.6809283
3 \\texttt{ad10.hn.sr}  Half-normal ~size + Region.Label   0.34085468    0.6751861
4    \\texttt{ad10.hr}  Hazard-rate                   ~1   0.94819319    0.7176434
5  \\texttt{ad10.hr.s}  Hazard-rate                ~size   0.96843811    0.7207349
6 \\texttt{ad10.hr.sr}  Hazard-rate ~size + Region.Label   0.91570747    0.7166309
1    \\texttt{ad10.hn}  Half-normal                   ~1   0.06288654    0.5934467
  se($\\hat{P_a}$) $\\Delta$AIC
2       0.04449997     0.000000
3       0.04406206     2.003515
4       0.02877457    36.015255
5       0.02861308    37.335866
6       0.02942843    38.311241
1       0.04211494    47.559646

According to AIC I selected the ad10.hn.s model. But now, I am running these models again and I am getting this warning with the selected model:

Some variance-covariance matrix elements were NA, possible numerical problems; only estimating detection function.

Are there any changes in the package that might be influencing these results?
Thanks!
Antonela
4km adultos_2010_febrero.txt

Eric Rexstad

Mar 9, 2022, 9:50:27 AM3/9/22
to distance...@googlegroups.com

Eric Rexstad

Mar 9, 2022, 1:52:52 PM3/9/22
to Antonela Marozzi, distance-sampling
Yes Antonela.  There were changes to the optimisation routines in Distance 1.0.3 as described in the two blog posts I linked in my previous emails.