multipliers by strata

PABLO PALENCIA MAYORDOMO

Jun 10, 2021, 1:16:43 PM6/10/21
to distance-sampling
Hi folks,

I'm analysing and stratified distance survey, and I'm interested in including a strata-specific multiplier. However, I don't know how to handle 'dht2' function for that. Concretely, I'm considering 4 different stratas.

If I run this, I'm considering a global multiplier for all the strata:
mult <- list(decay = data.frame(rate=c(0.41), SE=c(0.07)))
res_dens <- dht2(model_select, flatfile=dat, strat_formula = ~Region.Label,
                 er_est = "P2", convert_units = conversion, stratification="geographical",
                 multipliers = mult)

I've tried with this:
mult <- list(decay = data.frame(rate=c(0.41, 0.47, 0.47, 0.36), SE=c(0.07, 0.06, 0.07, 0.08)))

and also by creating 4 different 'mult' objects, and later: multipliers =c(mult1, mult2, mult3, mult4)

but nothing works...
It is possible to define a specific multiplier to each strata on 'dht2' function? Or I should include that on the 'Effort' column of my data frame?

Thank you very much for your help :)
Pablo

Eric Rexstad

Jun 11, 2021, 3:28:34 AM6/11/21
to PABLO PALENCIA MAYORDOMO, distance-sampling

Pablo

Unfortunately, the ability to specify stratum-specific multipliers is not yet implemented in `dht2`.  If you are using multipliers to compensate for viewable area as you discussed in your earlier question, then you could incorporate that compensation into your Effort measures.

Eric Rexstad
Centre for Ecological and Environmental Modelling
University of St Andrews
St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland SC013532

PABLO PALENCIA MAYORDOMO

Jun 11, 2021, 3:31:54 AM6/11/21
to distance-sampling
Yes, that is. Thank you very much for your response!