multipliers in DSM

Caryl Benjamin

Jun 22, 2021, 9:29:12 AM6/22/21
to distance...@googlegroups.com
Dear everyone,

I'm working on a density surface model of deer. I did a line transect survey of dung pellets so I now have abundance estimates of dung pellets that I want to transform to deer abundance/density with multipliers (production and decay rate). Is there a function in the R package DSM that I can use to apply multipliers? Is there a sample analysis somewhere for DSMs with multipliers?

Thank you.

All the best,
--
Caryl S. Benjamin
TU Munich

Eric Rexstad

Jun 22, 2021, 10:46:31 AM6/22/21
to Caryl Benjamin, distance...@googlegroups.com

Caryl

I think this paper might be just what you are looking for:

Valente, A.M., Marques, T.A., Fonseca, C. et al. A new insight for monitoring ungulates: density surface modelling of roe deer in a Mediterranean habitat. Eur J Wildl Res 62, 577–587 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10344-016-1030-0

I don't believe the paper has a supplement containing their analysis, but it should provide you with the basics.

Eric Rexstad
Centre for Ecological and Environmental Modelling
University of St Andrews
St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland SC013532