mrds multiplier option

Anukul Nath

Oct 11, 2022, 12:54:33 PM10/11/22
to distance...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,
I am unable to find the multiplier function in mrds package. I need to incorporate the pellet decay rate along with standard error.
I am using the following codes
nb <- dht(model=model1, region.table=region,
          sample.table=samples, obs.table=obs, options=list(convert.units=.1))

I have the following multipliers value --
mult <- list(creation = data.frame(rate=9, SE=0),
             decay    = data.frame(rate=136, SE=9))

regards
Anukul

Anukul Nath, M.Sc, PhD
Assistant Technical Officer
UNESCO C2C - Asia and Pacific Region
Wildlife Institute of India
Dehradun, India

Len Thomas

Oct 11, 2022, 5:46:58 PM10/11/22
to distance...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anukul,

I think you're looking for the dht2 function in the Distance package.
It has an argument multipliers, which takes as input a list of the type
you have there. Try something like

library(Distance)
nb <- dht2(ddf = model1, observations = obs, transect = samples,
geo_strat = region, convert_units = 0.1,
multipliers = mult)

I may have this a bit wrong (for example with your stratification) as
I'm guessing about your code -- but hopefully the examples in the help
for dht2 and on our examples web site (especially the dung survey one

https://examples.distancesampling.org/Distance-mult/multipliers-distill.html

) will help.

Cheers, Len

--
Len Thomas (he/him) len.t...@st-andrews.ac.uk lenthomas.org @len_thom
Centre for Research into Ecological and Environmental Modelling

While I may be sending this email outside of my normal office hours,
I have no expectation to receive a reply outside of yours.

The University of St Andrews is a charity
registered in Scotland, No SC013532.