Re: [distance-sampling] Digest for distance-sampling@googlegroups.com - 3 updates in 2 topics

Nidhi Agarwal

Jul 9, 2021, 5:16:17 AM7/9/21
to distance...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have mentioned the problem earlier, which I am facing in Distance software and it has not been resolved yet.
The software has been installed properly, also there is no problem in importing the data but it is showing a warning message during the analysis and the result are not been displayed. Kindly help me out with this.
I have also attached the picture of a warning message it is showing, please do have a look.
Apart from this, there is some problem regarding the "install.log file" whenever I am trying to uninstall the "Distance" application. please help me out with this as well.
 Thank you

Regards
Nidhi Goyal
Project Associate
Wildlife Institute of India

On Fri, Jul 9, 2021 at 2:14 AM <distance...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
David Lawrence Miller <da...@ninepointeightone.net>: Jul 08 05:02PM +0100

Hi listfolks,

New versions of mrds and Distance are now on CRAN. There are lots of
changes in these new releases which we hope you'll find useful. There
were so many changes I've written a little blog post here:

http://distancesampling.org/blog/2021/07/08/mrds-2.2.5-Distance-1.0.3

which summarises them all.

Thanks again to all on the list who have reported bugs, asked for new
features and have given feedback. We appreciate your time and this
greatly improves the software for everyone.

cheers,
--dave
Nidhi Agarwal <agarwal...@gmail.com>: Jul 08 04:33AM -0700

** Warning: Analysis engine wrote some output to the console error stream,
reproduced below. **
the data has been analyzed in other system properly but can not run on my
system, results are not showing.
when i tried to uninstall it, it did not happen.
Eric R <erici...@gmail.com>: Jul 08 05:26AM -0700

Agarwal

It is not completely clear what problems you are having with Distance for
Windows. If you are not seeing results, you might need to make this change
to Distance for Windows:

Use the "Tools | Preferences" menu choices to get to this screen:
[image: Screenshot 2021-07-08 132443.png]

Untick the box for the line I have highlighted. You might then need to run
the analysis again, but hopefully it will then appear.
problem.png

Eric Rexstad

Jul 9, 2021, 6:35:23 AM7/9/21
to Nidhi Agarwal, distance...@googlegroups.com

Nidhi

Thanks for the additional information.  The remedy to this problem is to install the Distance software in a different directory, specifically in a Windows path that does not contain spaces in the name.  Install Distance into a location other than the default directory, for example when the installation programme asks where to install the software, say "C:/Distance"

On 09/07/2021 10:16, Nidhi Agarwal wrote:
Hello,

I have mentioned the problem earlier, which I am facing in Distance software and it has not been resolved yet.
The software has been installed properly, also there is no problem in importing the data but it is showing a warning message during the analysis and the result are not been displayed. Kindly help me out with this.
I have also attached the picture of a warning message it is showing, please do have a look.
Apart from this, there is some problem regarding the "install.log file" whenever I am trying to uninstall the "Distance" application. please help me out with this as well.
 Thank you

Regards
Nidhi Goyal
Project Associate
Wildlife Institute of India

Eric Rexstad
Centre for Ecological and Environmental Modelling
University of St Andrews
St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland SC013532