function dth2

noemiec...@live.fr

May 31, 2021, 11:31:38 AM5/31/21
to distance-sampling

Dear all;

I am trying to estimate abundance of pygmy hippo with camera trap distance sampling.  I have fitted different key functions, then I have used the function qaic.pass1 among key function and the functions proposed to get the c hat. It says the best model function is the one with the Uniform key function. When I check the histogram, the uniform key function fits well my data. However, when I tried the function dht2 to get the density, I get an error: "Error in `[.data.frame`(newdata, , c("distance",fvars), drop = FALSE) : objet 'fvars' not found".

I don't get this error when I tried with the hazard rate function. Do you have any idea
where I can find or add this 'fvars' object into the data/function?

Thanks a lot!

Noémie Cappelle

Eric Rexstad

May 31, 2021, 12:20:10 PM5/31/21
to noemiec...@live.fr, distance-sampling

Noémie

I'm afraid this is an error I've not seen before.  My first suspicion was the uniform key function might be the problem, but I was able to use a uniform key with `dht2` in a simple case. Could you send your data and code to me off the list so I can try to ascertain the problem?

Eric Rexstad
Centre for Ecological and Environmental Modelling
University of St Andrews
St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland SC013532