iOS WebRTC: Record remote audio stream

Jayesh Mardiya

Jan 15, 2020, 4:37:59 AM1/15/20
to discuss-webrtc

I am working on an audio streaming application with recording functionality for a receiver. I got stuck at the point where the user wants to record audio stream on the receiver side.

Pawan Bhardwaj

Aug 26, 2020, 1:38:30 AM8/26/20
to discuss-webrtc
You find any solution.?

Shraddha Susare

Sep 7, 2020, 7:13:08 AM9/7/20
to discuss-webrtc
Does anyone got the solution for this?

Pawan Bhardwaj

Sep 7, 2020, 7:24:25 AM9/7/20
to discuss-webrtc
solution i am exploring is https://github.com/HackWebRTC/webrtc/commit/e4f60620cea16775cd93bf322faa92a0d514a8a6 still i am not able to build from this repo.
let me know if you resolve this.

Shraddha Susare

Sep 7, 2020, 8:32:06 AM9/7/20
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
This one is a reference gradle project that explores WebRTC Android in Android Studio. (As per given information on git)

regards,

Shraddha Susare  |  Software Developer |  +91-9970606564

Start a Chat with me instantly… WorkApps.com/30206

---------

Enterprise Messaging Platform for Banks, Insurance, Financial Services, Securities and Mutual Funds

Pawan Bhardwaj

Sep 7, 2020, 3:28:13 PM9/7/20
to discuss-webrtc
Please check the commit .. it exposes a method in peerconnection to record remote audio and video.

Shraddha Susare

Sep 8, 2020, 2:56:18 AM9/8/20
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Is there any other way for recording only remote audio, like using AVAudioSession or something like that?

Alex Freed

Sep 8, 2020, 1:45:09 PM9/8/20
to discuss-webrtc
Sorry for a stupid question, but probably one easy to answer. How do I get to that commit? Just pulling the latest git? And where is that method? Thanks.

Pawan Bhardwaj

Sep 8, 2020, 2:04:44 PM9/8/20
to discuss-webrtc

I am still exploring something like this

Pawan Bhardwaj

Sep 8, 2020, 2:04:57 PM9/8/20
to discuss-webrtc
yes git has those changes on master branch .

Sanjay Kumawat

Dec 10, 2020, 7:59:44 AM12/10/20
to discuss-webrtc
did anyone found a solution for this?

Pawan Bhardwaj

Dec 10, 2020, 10:58:41 AM12/10/20
to discuss-webrtc
Yes i am able to expose remote audio stream(in android) by making changes in JavaAudioDeviceModule and WebRtcAudioTrack classes and rebuilding it again

Biju Chandran

Mar 2, 2021, 4:06:13 PM3/2/21
to discuss-webrtc
Hello,
          Was anyone able to do it successfully in iOS?
I am using the aws kinesis webRTC library in my iOS app. That uses GoogleWebRTC as a pod under the hood. I am able to play the remote audio & video inside the app. I am also able to record the remote video. However, even after weeks of research I am unable to find a right way or hook for getting the Remote Audio Sample Buffers that can be written into a file. My understanding was that there would be some way to get the existing AVCaptureSession or AVCaptureAudioDataOutput of the RTC session, to which I can set a SampleBufferDelegate to. Unfortunately, there is no documentation or link that suggest so or offer a solution. Is this something that cannot be achieved in iOS at all?
Any pointers or snippet from someone who has achieved this successfully would be of great help!.

TIA.
Biju

Sanjay Kumawat

Mar 2, 2021, 9:10:33 PM3/2/21
to discuss-webrtc
I can help you record the remote and local audio streams from WebRTC but I need help in recording the remote video

Biju Chandran

Mar 3, 2021, 3:29:22 AM3/3/21
to discuss-webrtc
@sanjay In iOS? Sure I can help with remote video recording. How do we start?

Sanjay Kumawat

Mar 3, 2021, 3:35:27 AM3/3/21
to discuss-webrtc
Please check you mail

Piotr Sochalewski

Aug 28, 2021, 10:12:03 AM8/28/21
to discuss-webrtc
@sanjay could you please share your solution for recording remote audio track?

yimu wei

Dec 17, 2021, 4:03:30 AM12/17/21
to discuss-webrtc

can you rolve it ?

Tyler Healey

Nov 4, 2022, 7:29:43 PM11/4/22
to discuss-webrtc
Good grief.
Was this solution really taken offline?

Could anyone please provide a solution for locally saving a remote video and audio stream as a single video file? This seems like an obvious use case but there is very little help to found for it.