[discuss-webrtc] PSA: Turning off the echo detector in M84

Olga Sharonova

Apr 29, 2020, 12:07:30 PM4/29/20
to discuss-webrtc

Hi everybody,

2 weeks from now the echo detector implemented in the audio processing module will be turned off in Chromium top-of-tree, in time for the M84 cut. This means that the echo detector stats googResidualEchoLikelihood and googResidualEchoLikelihoodRecentMax will no longer be present in the legacy callback-based getStats() API.

The background is that we’ve seen limited actionable value of these stats and therefore, taking the CPU complexity of the echo detector into account, we think it is better to switch it off.

Regards,
Olga

shyam chakraborty

Apr 29, 2020, 12:55:07 PM4/29/20
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
So, is the screw is gradually being tightened from open source to  gradually paid versions?
Just wondering ...

Message has been deleted

Henrik Lundin

Apr 30, 2020, 4:44:29 AM4/30/20
to discuss-webrtc
We've had a few questions come in, so I'd like to make a couple of clarifications:

- This only affects the echo detector metics. It does not in any way change how the echo cancellation (AEC) works.

- The standardized echo metrics echoReturnLoss and echoReturnLossEnhancement are not affected.

Sincerely,
/Henrik