Google is releasing a WebRTC interoperability test system as open source project

hu...@webrtc.org

Oct 10, 2017, 5:43:55 AM10/10/17
to discuss-webrtc

We’re pleased to announce KITE, a new tool for testing WebRTC interoperability across browsers. With this open source project we aim to improve interoperability across browsers and ensure WebRTC is a stable and predictable standard for real time communications on the web.

The system is designed to run tests that establish WebRTC sessions between different browsers on different operating systems, reporting the results in a convenient dashboard.

The system can be setup to run stand alone, or as a Selenium grid consisting of different test nodes running different test environments. The test nodes can run on physical or virtual machines. In addition, KITE supports cloud solutions such as SauceLabs, BrowserStack and TestingBot. KITE supports Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Edge, as well as other browsers implementing WebDriver.

KITE has been designed and developed by the WebRTC enthusiasts at CosMo Software, and is part of Google’s contribution towards WebRTC 1.0. It supplements the already existing Web Platform Tests by allowing us to test interoperability between different browsers, not just one browser at a time.

In the upcoming months we aim to further extend KITE with new test features and connection tests. We encourage developers to try out KITE, and welcome contributions to the open source project.

Regards,

Huib Kleinhout

Product Manager @ Google

Jozsef Vass

Oct 10, 2017, 11:58:19 AM10/10/17
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
This is super interesting and something similar that we are also doing.

Jozsef

Jozsef Vass
SDK Engineering
twilio

ka...@loadmultiplier.com

Jan 17, 2018, 3:13:13 AM1/17/18
to discuss-webrtc

Quite interesting. We at Load Multiplier are also offering similar test solutions (across domains including WebRTC).

Kamal
Load Multiplier
Bangalore, India