Customize Video Frame after Encoding

Ivan Hutomo

Jul 20, 2022, 3:23:59 PM7/20/22
to discuss-webrtc
Hi, currently I am trying to modify webRTC for specialized purposes in Android. I saw your discussion here. I need help with how we could use this interface to modify our frame after encoding.

For now I just really want to XOR the frame after encoding before sending it through PeerConnection. Since I am not familiar with C++, I tried to implement my own method inherited from this interface but it did not work.

Could anyone give me a code example for doing this? because seems that someone here has already successfully mutated the frame here. My purpose is to use this one on android, that's why I could not use insertable stream on the web, so I should modify it directly in native C++.

I really appreciate any help! Thanks so much.

V I

Jul 20, 2022, 9:40:00 PM7/20/22
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
I'm using FrameEncryptorInterface instead as recommended by Philipp and it works fine for me. Dead easy to use

Ivan Hutomo

Jul 21, 2022, 2:59:24 AM7/21/22
to discuss-webrtc
Could anyone give me the clue where I should add to the corresponding sender?
I think we should add this kind of code to set the frame encryptor, but I do not know where to place it. Thank you.

rtc::scoped_refptr<HCCrypto> frame_encryptor( new HCCrypto());
// sender->
sender->SetFrameEncryptor(frame_encryptor);

I tried to place it in conductor.cc but to be exact in conductor::ReinitializePeerConnectionForLoopback()  but it did not work.
Thanks, appreciate any help

Ivan Hutomo

Jul 25, 2022, 1:07:09 AM7/25/22
to discuss-webrtc
Hello everyone, maybe someone could help me to show me where I could add my XOR FrameEncryptor based on this flow:

Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 13.05.59 PM.png
I am a bit stuck with C++, thank you so much for help