how to capture windows desktop when screen locked

Jianjiao Sun

Apr 1, 2022, 7:33:47 PM4/1/22
to discuss-webrtc
hello,
    I have used  the gid,dxgi,wgc  to capture desktop on windows 10. I can't capture the "input password desktop".

   I have searched the groups, find the topic :"Chromium will soon disable camera capture after screen lock"(https://groups.google.com/g/discuss-webrtc/c/X46ua1nCR3Y/m/nQbxX0JmCAAJ).  the chrome can disable the stop capture feature use command "-disable-features=StopVideoCaptureOnScreenLock."

  Is any way to enable to capture locked desktop on windows?

Thanks!

Vitaly Ivanov

Apr 2, 2022, 2:05:49 AM4/2/22
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Same question here. I've tried running my native (Windows executable linked against libwebrtc) webrtc app as a service, but it didn't work at all

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Jianjiao Sun

Apr 14, 2022, 4:23:56 AM4/14/22
to discuss-webrtc
I have found the way to capture the locked screen. It's a privilege problem. If we run as "Local System",  we can capture the locked screen。

For example, WebRTC use the   "DuplicateOutput   api"  to capture secure desktop need  Local System  privilege,   otherwise will get E_ACCESSDENIED error. (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/dxgi1_2/nf-dxgi1_2-idxgioutput1-duplicateoutput)

If we only want to test the program , we can use psexec (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/psexec).

Vitaly Ivanov

Apr 14, 2022, 5:56:11 AM4/14/22
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the insights! I can't make it work though, at least on Win 11. It looks like the process gets killed / crashes shortly after I do Lock Screen (I see the lock screen, but in a few seconds I get a connection dropped notification), even though it's running as System

Jianjiao Sun

Jun 13, 2022, 11:40:48 PM6/13/22
to discuss-webrtc
Recently, We also test on windows 11,    runnning as System works well.  I find Nircmd( https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html ) is more convient for us to run the application as system.
At the same time , we must run as an application , not a service(https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/services/interactive-services)

Vitaly Ivanov

Jun 14, 2022, 12:09:24 AM6/14/22
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it does work. The app was crashing due to clipboard tracking going haywire in locked state. I haven't tried NirCmd as we started with PsExec and then switched to doing the same thing with Windows API without any external tools. Will check out NirCmd, thanks for sharing info!

Abhilash Vaidhya

Mar 5, 2023, 11:09:17 AM3/5/23
to discuss-webrtc
Hi , Do you use getUserMedia to achieve this ? Even if i launch app as system user , i don't see the UAC screen or screen lock as part of 'getUserMedia' .

Any leads on this will be much appreciated.

--AV