Change to Standard Rules Discussion

pjr...@att.net

Jan 12, 2021, 3:34:24 PM1/12/21
to Discuss-L
Has/have the proposed change(s) to the Standard Rules been posted somewhere for our review?

Pat Asher

Mike Peterson

Jan 12, 2021, 3:59:16 PM1/12/21
to disc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pat,
yes, Linda Lewis posted the announcement on Board-l on the 6th I believe and it went out also to a bunch of mailing lists.
Mike

On 1/12/2021 12:34:36 PM, pjr...@att.net <pjr...@att.net> wrote:

Has/have the proposed change(s) to the Standard Rules been posted somewhere for our review?

Pat Asher

pjr...@att.net

Jan 12, 2021, 4:23:27 PM1/12/21
to Discuss-L
Mike, The Announcement on the 6th said: " In December 2020, the Special Committee indicated they were ready to present a proposal for informal consideration by the Membership to amend the Standard Rules. An announcement was sent to the Membership to invite participation. "

Where is the "proposal" for review and discussion?

Pat

Mike Peterson

Jan 12, 2021, 5:16:00 PM1/12/21
to disc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pat, It's on the USGENWEB-DISCUSS (ABChat) list. I'll go ahead and direct add you. I'm going to repost the proposal anyway.
Mike

Bruce Coyne

Jan 13, 2021, 7:04:07 AM1/13/21
to disc...@googlegroups.com

I just tried to use the link and was told I don't have access.

Bruce Coyne

Pat Asher

Jan 13, 2021, 10:32:36 AM1/13/21
to disc...@googlegroups.com
Okay, I was confused. I have been subscribed to USGW-D...@rootsweb.com, and its successor Disc...@googlegroups.com (it seems like) forever. I did not realize you had created a new USGW-Discussg list on GoogleGroups so thought the discussion was going to occur on Discuss-L. The old AB-Chat list was USGenWeb-All to which I was also subscribed.

I wonder if others were also confused.

Pat

On Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 3:59:16 PM UTC-5 lineage40 wrote:
Hi Pat,
yes, Linda Lewis posted the announcement on Board-l on the 6th I believe and it went out also to a bunch of mailing lists.
Mike

On 1/12/2021 12:34:36 PM, pjr..@att.net <pjr..@att.net> wrote:

Has/have the proposed change(s) to the Standard Rules been posted somewhere for our review?

Pat Asher

Mike Peterson

Jan 13, 2021, 11:34:47 AM1/13/21
to disc...@googlegroups.com
Could be Pat. There is a lot going on but Linda has on her plate to get the mumble-jumble out of all of the USGW mailing lists and get them so easy access to all who are interested.
Mike

Mike Peterson

Jan 13, 2021, 11:36:48 AM1/13/21
to disc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bruce,
and that is one of the problems we are having with the mailing lists. I will get you subscribed to the list shortly.
Mike

Mike Peterson

Jan 13, 2021, 11:39:17 AM1/13/21
to disc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bruce,
I went to subscribe you and noticed you got on. Good.
Mike