Installing Dirac 22 issue with cmake?

jos

Apr 10, 2022, 8:50:38 AM4/10/22
to dirac-users
Dear forum,

during my attempts to install dirac 22 we get the following warning message:
from the setup program (included  between the two lines below) .

 At the end of the compiling process the loader cannot find lHDF5::HDF5.

Our cmake version is 3.18.4

Do you recognize this and do you know perhaps a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Jos

CMake Warning (dev) at cmake/custom/core.cmake:23 (add_executable):
  Policy CMP0028 is not set: Double colon in target name means ALIAS or
  IMPORTED target.  Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0028" for policy details.
  Use the cmake_policy command to set the policy and suppress this warning.

  Target "exacorr.x" links to target "HDF5::HDF5" but the target was not
  found.  Perhaps a find_package() call is missing for an IMPORTED target, or
  an ALIAS target is missing?
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake/custom/core.cmake:45 (compile_standalone)
  CMakeLists.txt:81 (include)
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

Jos Suijker

Apr 10, 2022, 10:11:22 AM4/10/22
to dirac...@googlegroups.com
Ps. HDF5 is installed and operational. E.g used by openmolcas.

Met vriendelijke groet, Jos Suijker

Op 10 apr. 2022 om 14:50 heeft jos <jos.s...@kpnmail.nl> het volgende geschreven:

Andre Gomes

Apr 11, 2022, 3:29:18 AM4/11/22
to dirac...@googlegroups.com
hi,

i've seen this a couple of times on my installations, and as far as i can tell, it was due to cmake not finding the path to the hdf5 libraries.

if you haven't done it already, you can try adding the path to LD_LIBRARY_PATH (linux), or DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH (mac osx), hopefully should be enough.

best,

andre

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "dirac-users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dirac-users/9DF02076-D7F5-4035-BE50-0A68DEE9AA16%40kpnmail.nl.

Jos Suijker KPN

Apr 11, 2022, 11:03:10 AM4/11/22
to dirac...@googlegroups.com, Andre Gomes
Hi Andre,

Thank you for the advice. During the install I encountered several issues and  HDF5 was only one of them. For some reason I cannot repeat the HDF5 issue anymore. So I will come back to your solution,  after I solved the other ones, its now too early to say if this helps.

Thanks anyway !!

Jos

Jos Suijker

Apr 12, 2022, 6:14:32 AM4/12/22
to dirac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andre,

During the linking of exacorr.x the loader cannot find HDF5::HDF5. The HDF5 libraries bot static and dynamic are in /usr/lib64. So I think the loader must be able to find them. I added this directory also to ld_library_path but this makes no difference. Any idea’s ?

P.S. the issue solved was that the Makefile for exatensor did not follow the MATH_ROOT environment variable and could not find the mkl libraries. I manually corrected this in the makefile, hopefully this is ok.

With kind regards, Jos Suijker

Op 11 apr. 2022 om 17:03 heeft Jos Suijker KPN <jos.s...@kpnmail.nl> het volgende geschreven:

Visscher, L. (Luuk)

Apr 14, 2022, 2:06:15 AM4/14/22
to dirac...@googlegroups.com
Dear Jos,

This is a cmake issue. cmake before 3.21 does not find the hdf5 installation. Upgrading cmake should fix this issue and enable hdf5.

See for the plans with hdf5 this issue: https://gitlab.com/dirac/dirac/-/issues/8.

best regards,

Luuk

Jos Suijker

Apr 14, 2022, 7:52:30 AM4/14/22
to dirac...@googlegroups.com
Dear Luc,

Thanks for the help with the current cmake version 3.23 the installation finds the HDF5 libraries and comes to a good end!

Thanks again!

Met vriendelijke groet, Jos Suijker

Op 14 apr. 2022 om 08:06 heeft 'Visscher, L. (Luuk)' via dirac-users <dirac...@googlegroups.com> het volgende geschreven:

 Dear Jos,