Voice and Data using FreeDV

Naveed Ahmad Chughtai

Aug 29, 2022, 10:37:10 PM8/29/22
to digitalvoice
Hi
Please guide me to use FreeDV for both voice and data communication (Simultaneous or separate). Is it possible to  have a simple chat with small attachments possible in FreeDV communication archetecture? I will be thankful

Mooneer Salem

Aug 30, 2022, 4:08:05 AM8/30/22
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Hi Naveed,

Take a look at the FreeDATA project for a way of using FreeDV to transmit data: https://github.com/DJ2LS/FreeDATA. As for trying to use both on the same channel, you'll likely have to figure out a way to negotiate when to switch between them (among other issues).

Thanks,

-Mooneer K6AQ

On Mon, Aug 29, 2022 at 7:37 PM Naveed Ahmad Chughtai <chugh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi
Please guide me to use FreeDV for both voice and data communication (Simultaneous or separate). Is it possible to  have a simple chat with small attachments possible in FreeDV communication archetecture? I will be thankful

Tony Langdon

Aug 30, 2022, 4:27:19 AM8/30/22
to digita...@googlegroups.com
There's also code out there that uses the FreeDV modems to carry AX.25.
I don't have a link handy, but found it intriguing.

--
73 de Tony VK3JED/VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com