PSK Reporter feature success

Mooneer Salem

Sep 4, 2021, 3:30:04 PM9/4/21
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Figured I'd send this out to show how well PSK Reporter support is doing so far (especially with the recent changes).

Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 12.26.21 PM.png

I've also seen a cluster of JA stations on there before too but they tend to show up later in the afternoon/evening Pacific time.

Anyway, hope to hear more of you on the air for sure :)

Thanks,

-Mooneer K6AQ

Don Taylor

Sep 4, 2021, 6:45:08 PM9/4/21
to digita...@googlegroups.com
I finally got the DV decide to work. No luck on TX.

Fldigi and WSJTX all TX fine, so I assume my DV TX problem is one of the ten thousand configuration items. Gurrrr….

I’m just mad to get DV working on my homebrew 5w Frankenstein-Riglet.

The riglet is in the open box on the right of my desk. It is like I have body parts every where…trying to get them to come to life! Hahah

Don Taylor

Sep 4, 2021, 6:57:28 PM9/4/21
to digita...@googlegroups.com
decide = decode (gurrr).

Mooneer Salem

Sep 4, 2021, 7:13:16 PM9/4/21
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Hi Don,

Good luck on the riglet! Do you have any suggestions that might make FreeDV configuration a bit better? Offhand, I'm thinking that the audio device configuration is the most fraught with issues since ham radio apps usually only need one device.

Thanks,

-Mooneer K6AQ

Don Taylor

Sep 4, 2021, 7:54:50 PM9/4/21
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Mooneer- yes, after I figure out both the RX and TX configurations, plus rig control, I might have ideas.

My dream, as a lowly user, is for all the digital apps to use the same config settings…almost as if they were just different modes in the same app. Hahah. Why do I have to leave Fldigi to play FT8, for example? And DV is just another mode. Such a dream!

Dudley Hurry

Sep 4, 2021, 8:04:48 PM9/4/21
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Don,

You can operate all at once, but you need more resources , computer sound ports and radio..   I can operate 8 different digital modes at once, on my Flex 6700, but getting all the different programs to configure the same will never happen on any OS, but it is SOOO much better than just a few years ago ..

73,
Dudley
WA5QPZ

Sent from my iPhone

On Sat, Sep 4, 2021 at 3:45 PM Don Taylor <dont...@gmail.com> wrote:
I finally got the DV decide to work. No luck on TX.

Fldigi and WSJTX all TX fine, so I assume my DV TX problem is one of the ten thousand configuration items. Gurrrr….

I’m just mad to get DV working on my homebrew 5w Frankenstein-Riglet.

The riglet is in the open box on the right of my desk. It is like I have body parts every where…trying to get them to come to life! Hahah
<image_50434561.JPG>

On Sat, Sep 4, 2021 at 3:30 PM Mooneer Salem <moo...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

Figured I'd send this out to show how well PSK Reporter support is doing so far (especially with the recent changes).

wal...@k5wh.net

Sep 4, 2021, 11:28:20 PM9/4/21
to digita...@googlegroups.com

Hey Don,

Ping me sometime tomorrow on the QSO finder, and let’s see if we can help with the configuration you need to get you on the air quickly.

All the best,

Walter/K5WH

[...]

image001.jpg
image002.png

Don Taylor

Sep 5, 2021, 12:09:23 AM9/5/21
to digita...@googlegroups.com
Dudley — for a while when I was in my WSPR madness phase, I set up multiple virtual receivers using my SDRPlay and multiple wsjtx instances with virtual audio cables between them. Why? ‘cause I was working to maximize my ranking for two way WSPR Tx/Rx spots with matching stations.  It is was maddening complex — but it worked until I screwed up a setting or two. Hahah.

I’m looking forward to all the different radio modes to be unified under one app. This is different than running multiple instances of different apps.

But it’s all good. WSJTX seems to be the least problematic for rig, sound card, and port setup. I frequently start with WSJTX settings and use them as start points for any other app that need audio and cat services via my PC.

I’ll do that with my riglet for DV. I think I understand what to and from mean, but then when I’m in the FreeDV config options, my understands just goes south. And nothing I select works. Hahaha. It will eventually when I find I had the wrong device, or set X to mute, or any of a thousand other stupid errors I can make. Hahah.

When I crack the nut (meaning finding my own errors), I’ll be desperate for some DV qso.