Hydraulic Oil from my tank overflow?

Gez

Sep 21, 2020, 12:32:53 PM9/21/20
to diggers-dumpers-plant
Hi everyone,
I have a problem with my Son's PowerFab 1200XD. When running this machine, Hydraulic Oil pours out of the overflow pipe on the Oil Tank. Any suggestions as to what may be the cause of this. Its costing me a small fortune!!!
Thanks in advance

Joe Stehly

Sep 21, 2020, 2:58:56 PM9/21/20
to diggers-du...@googlegroups.com
Good morning, my first thought is a plugged filter.  Does it only happen when you are retracting or extending a cylinder? Does it happen for only specified parts of the hydraulic system, i.e., only when I do...this... it runs out.... or just all the time. Hopefully somebody smarter than me will jump in.  Take care, best of luck. Joe

Jake

Sep 21, 2020, 4:51:12 PM9/21/20
to diggers-du...@googlegroups.com
To be honeat I don't know what I'm doing but my Benford ME130 was leaking regulary until I realised it was over-filled (the gauge was hard to read).  After stripping and looking everywhere for leaks, the overflow was exatcly that, an overflow.

Gez

Sep 24, 2020, 4:53:16 PM9/24/20
to diggers-du...@googlegroups.com
Hey,
Thanks to those people who took the time to advise me on the "leaking overflow".  Having replaced the Oil Filter in the tank, it's now running much stronger with NO Oil leaks. Cool : )