Regarding warning message

04anuvra...@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2022, 9:07:56 AM11/1/22
to diffpy-users
Hello everyone,
I am using PDFGUI to refine my PDF data but getting this message given below please help me to resolve this issue.

"Uncertainties on G(r) were absent or unreadable in your input
 data.  The program reset these uncertainties to unity.  This
 does not affect at all the refined parameter values.  However,
 the values of the estimated uncertainties on these refined
 parameter values are not reliable."

Thanks.
Regards,
Anuvrat

04anuvra...@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2023, 12:27:44 AM3/23/23
to diffpy-users
I am still waiting for any answer. Anyone who knows the answer please reply.
Thanks.
Regards,
Anuvrat

Sumit Khadka

Mar 23, 2023, 2:22:14 AM3/23/23
to diffpy...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anuvrat,

Please see my take on this issue.

If the .gr file was generated by xpdfsuite, it has only two columns: r and G(r).  The old .gr files as created from pdfgetx2 used to have 4 columns r, G(r), dr (uncertainty of r) and dG(r) (uncertainty of G(r)), so pdfGUI was built with the option of being able to read in those uncertainties.  As far as I recall from one of the conversations, having just 2 columns should not be a huge problem and you should be able to proceed with the refinement even though the error pops up at the start of the refinement.

anuvrat tripathi

Mar 23, 2023, 2:27:36 AM3/23/23
to diffpy...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sir,