problem with pdfgetx3

Monica Dapiaggi

Mar 18, 2021, 3:49:36 AM3/18/21
to diffpy-dev
Dear all,
pdfgetx3 has been working nicely on my mac for a while now, but yesterday something unusual happened.
I have different conda environments for different applications, so I activated the one for pdfgetx3 (which is called py37), and I tried to start the software with the command line.

This is the result
(I haven't done any major update since last time I used it)
Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Monica

INFO:written outpufile it00_150K_average.gr

INFO:resolved output file '' as 'it00_150K_average.fq'

INFO:written outpufile it00_150K_average.fq

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/Users/mdapiaggi/opt/anaconda3/envs/py37/bin/pdfgetx3", line 33, in <module>

    sys.exit(load_entry_point('diffpy.pdfgetx==2.0.0', 'console_scripts', 'pdfgetx3')())

  File "diffpy/pdfgetx/apps/pdfgetx3.py", line 27, in main

  File "diffpy/pdfgetx/pdfgetxapplication.py", line 682, in app_main

  File "diffpy/pdfgetx/pdfgetxapplication.py", line 132, in run

  File "diffpy/pdfgetx/pdfgetxapplication.py", line 172, in processfiles

  File "diffpy/pdfgetx/pdfgetxapplication.py", line 390, in _finishPlotting

  File "diffpy/pdfgetx/functs.py", line 512, in pylab_draw_show

  File "/Users/mdapiaggi/opt/anaconda3/envs/py37/lib/python3.7/inspect.py", line 1082, in getargspec

    raise ValueError("Function has keyword-only parameters or annotations"

ValueError: Function has keyword-only parameters or annotations, use getfullargspec() API which can support them

If you suspect this is an IPython 7.18.1 bug, please report it at:

    https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues

You can print a more detailed traceback right now with "%tb", or use "%debug"

to interactively debug it.

Extra-detailed tracebacks for bug-reporting purposes can be enabled via:

    %config Application.verbose_crash=True

Pavol Juhas

Mar 19, 2021, 4:43:33 AM3/19/21
to DiffPy developers
Hi Monica,

This is because of a change in Python builtin libraries where they
want to remove the getargspec function.
Newer versions of pdfgetx3 - after 2.1 - should have that fixed.
Another option is to reinstall your version for Python 3.6 which
hopefully still has getargspec working.

Best,

Pavol