Re: [diagrams] Library Reanimate and transforming latex into svg/diagram

Brent Yorgey

Nov 16, 2019, 10:30:47 PM11/16/19
to Ilmārs Cīrulis, diagrams-discuss
Hi there,

The reanimate library can import stuff from diagrams bit it is a completely separate project, so I don't think we can help you there.  I suggest contacting the maintainer, David Himmelstrup (lem...@gmail.com).

When you say "transforming latex into a diagram", can you be more specific?  You can definitely have a latex document with embedded diagrams code, and you can have latex typeset text embedded in the diagrams.  But I'm not sure if you mean something different.

-Brent

On Sat, Nov 16, 2019, 6:52 PM Ilmārs Cīrulis <ilmars....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello, I'm newbie who has a problem when cabal-installing reanimate library (https://prnt.sc/pxyqrs). Is the problem fixable?
Also, does diagrams library offer some functionality for transforming latex into diagram?

Ilmārs Cīrulis

Nov 17, 2019, 5:33:55 PM11/17/19
to diagrams-discuss
Yes, I already contacted the maintainer. Apologies for posting here.

> you can have latex typeset text embedded in the diagrams
Can you give some example, please? How to make circle with $\pi$ inside it (typeset by latex) and export it to svg, maybe.

Thank you.

On Sunday, November 17, 2019 at 5:30:47 AM UTC+2, Brent Yorgey wrote:
Hi there,

The reanimate library can import stuff from diagrams bit it is a completely separate project, so I don't think we can help you there.  I suggest contacting the maintainer, David Himmelstrup (lem...@gmail.com).

When you say "transforming latex into a diagram", can you be more specific?  You can definitely have a latex document with embedded diagrams code, and you can have latex typeset text embedded in the diagrams.  But I'm not sure if you mean something different.

-Brent

On Sat, Nov 16, 2019, 6:52 PM Ilmārs Cīrulis <ilmars...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello, I'm newbie who has a problem when cabal-installing reanimate library (https://prnt.sc/pxyqrs). Is the problem fixable?
Also, does diagrams library offer some functionality for transforming latex into diagram?

Brent Yorgey

Nov 18, 2019, 9:53:06 PM11/18/19
On Sun, Nov 17, 2019 at 4:33 PM Ilmārs Cīrulis <ilmars....@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes, I already contacted the maintainer. Apologies for posting here.

No worries!

> you can have latex typeset text embedded in the diagrams
Can you give some example, please? How to make circle with $\pi$ inside it (typeset by latex) and export it to svg, maybe.

To make a circle with $\pi$ inside it typeset by latex you can do something like

import Diagrams.Prelude
import Diagrams.Backend.PGF.CmdLine

main = mainWith $ (text "$\\pi$" <> circle 1 :: Diagram B)

and render it with the diagrams-pgf backend.  The resulting PGF code can then be run through latex.  So I don't know how to export to SVG.  Maybe someone else can chime in with other ideas?

-Brent