Enable Sql server connector metrics

Bhupendra Baraiya

Jun 28, 2022, 8:59:43 AM6/28/22
to debezium
We are using MSK cluster in AWS and running Debezium using a stand alone Ec2.
Ec2 have Kafka and debezium installed in it and refers to Brokers available on MSK AWS.

Can you please guide me how can I enable JMX in this scenario and capture sql server connector metrics

Chris Cranford

Jun 28, 2022, 9:25:36 AM6/28/22
to debe...@googlegroups.com, Bhupendra Baraiya
Hi

I found this reference: https://repost.aws/questions/QUP1QhkrzgQguOKJsOvTVQ8g/msk-connect-exposing-connector-specific-metrics

It would seem at least at the time of writing, MSK does not have a way to expose JMX endpoints in MSK connect but that very well could have changed.  I'd suggest you reach out to AWS directly and confer with them on how that's done as they'd be the best ones to share with you the documentation on how to do so if that's currently available.

Thanks,
Chris

Men Lim

Jun 28, 2022, 12:46:15 PM6/28/22
to debe...@googlegroups.com
use this to export JMX from debezium out to prometheus.  if you are looking to get metrics out of MSK, you will need to use cloudwatch