Is Debezium compatible with Oracle XE 18c?

Yuri Stapassoli de Sá

Apr 20, 2021, 5:26:28 PM4/20/21
to debezium
Hi All,

For testing purposes, I am trying to configure debezium locally with Oracle XE 18c and logminer.

I followed the instructions on the link below, but when using endpoint to check status I am getting the following error message (see attached file):

"Supplemental logging not properly configured. Use: ALTER DATABASE ADD SUPPLEMENTAL LOG DATA".

When i try to run this command in oracle, i get the error:

ORA-44608: Supplemental logging settings cannot be modified in Oracle Database Express Edition

Is there any way to activate debezium with Oracle XE or is it definitely not compatible with this version of Oracle ?

connector-status.png

Chris Cranford

Apr 23, 2021, 11:09:58 AM4/23/21
to debe...@googlegroups.com, Yuri Stapassoli de Sá
Hi Yuri -

Unfortunately Oracle XE doesn't allow enabling the necessary functionality in order to capture changes for replication which directly means that Debezium cannot work with an XE installation.  But if you're wanting to test Debezium locally, you don't need to necessarily use an XE installation to do that.  Oracle's docker registry provides versions of Oracle EE for all the most recent builds of Oracle.  In addition, you can also download the Oracle 19 EE installation from OTN and follow our instructions in the debezium/oracle-vagrant-box repository [1] if you want to install Oracle that way.  That repository covers the installation steps for Oracle 12c and 19c.

Thanks,
Chris

[1]: https://github.com/debezium/oracle-vagrant-box