Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

John Burleson

no leída,
22 ene 2020, 10:05:5022/1/20
a deal.II User Group
Greetings,
I was wondering, does deal.ii has support for solving tensor equations directly? For instance, I am interested in using DG to solve for the stress tensor in the Oldroyd-B model, and I was wondering if I need to write the code to solve for the components of the stress tensor, or if deal.ii could handle doing it all at once.
Thanks

Wolfgang Bangerth

no leída,
22 ene 2020, 10:45:2322/1/20
a dea...@googlegroups.com
It can. It does that in essentially the same way as we do for
vector-valued problems (see step-20, step-22, ...). There are
corresponding extractors for symmetric and non-symmetric tensors, and
you can also output tensor-valued quantities for visualization.

Best
W.

Wolfgang Bangerth email: bang...@colostate.edu
Responder a todos