Is it possible to copy_triangulation for fullydistributed with periodic face?

heena patel

Jun 11, 2020, 4:06:49 AM6/11/20
to deal.II User Group
Dear all,
                         I am trying to solve semilagrangian advection problem?
I have traingulation with periodic face.
I wanted to copy_triangulation and trace back mesh. The thing is with parallel distributed triangulation it refuse to copy for refine mesh, that is written in documentation as well. When  I try to use fullydistributed triangulation it gives me error with periodicity. Is there a way that I can copy triangulation with periodicity or I am missing something? The code works if I create new_triangulation with parallel distributed triangulation and work on it. But it is expensive step. Kindly find code in attachment.

Regards,
Heena
semilagrangian.hpp

peterrum

Jun 11, 2020, 5:36:20 AM6/11/20
to deal.II User Group
Dear Heena,

may I ask you to be more specific regarding to parallel::fullydistributed::Triangualation (p:f:t) error. In the case of p:f:t you can copy indeed refined meshes, however users need to deal with periodicity on their own by applying the periodicy once again. See the following test: https://github.com/dealii/dealii/blob/master/tests/fullydistributed_grids/copy_serial_tria_04.cc#L102

This is kinda annoying, but I was not able to come up with a more transparent solution during the development of p:f:t.

Hope that helps,
Peter

heena patel

Jun 11, 2020, 6:44:47 AM6/11/20
to dea...@googlegroups.com
Dear Peter,
                     Thanks for the reply. It gives the following error

 error: no matching function for call to ‘dealii::parallel::fullydistributed::Triangulation<2, 2>::Triangulation(ompi_communicator_t*&, dealii::Triangulation<2, 2>::MeshSmoothing)’
    is_periodic(is_periodic)
                           ^
In file included from /home/heena/Project/MsFEM/advection-diffusion-equation/include/advectiondiffusion_multiscale.hpp:39:0,
                 from /home/heena/Project/MsFEM/advection-diffusion-equation/source/AdvectionDiffusionProblem.cc:13:
/home/heena/lib/dealII/include/deal.II/distributed/fully_distributed_tria.h:134:16: note: candidate: dealii::parallel::fullydistributed::Triangulation<dim, spacedim>::Triangulation(MPI_Comm) [with int dim = 2; int spacedim = 2; MPI_Comm = ompi_communicator_t*]
       explicit Triangulation(MPI_Comm mpi_communicator);

It seems that the link you send me explains that I have to create serial triangulation and then apply periodicity?

Regards,
Heena