Regarding configuring with UMFPACK for Quasi-Static Strain Compressible Elasticity program

Animesh Rastogi IIT Gandhinagar

Sep 12, 2020, 7:09:21 AM9/12/20
to deal.II User Group
Hello dealii Community,

This requires the dealii to be configured with UMFPACK. For this, I installed the SuiteSparse with UMFPACK, compiled it, and then reconfigured and reinstalled dealii using the command -DUMFPACK_DIR=/path/to/umfpack (changing the path to the compiled version of UMFPACK in my PC) with cmake.

However, I am still getting the following error when I am running the Finite Strain program.

An error occurred in line <635> of file </home/animesh/Documents/dealii/dealii-9.2.0/source/lac/sparse_direct.cc> in function
    void dealii::SparseDirectUMFPACK::factorize(const Matrix&) [with Matrix = dealii::SparseMatrix<double>]
The violated condition was:
    false
Additional information:
    To call this function you need UMFPACK, but you configured deal.II without passing the necessary switch to 'cmake'. Please consult the installation instructions in doc/readme.html.

Could someone please let me know how should I sort it out?

Also, do I need to reinstall dealii everytime I realise that I have not configured dealii with a particular package?

Thanks!

Animesh

Animesh Rastogi IIT Gandhinagar

Sep 12, 2020, 7:42:29 AM9/12/20
to deal.II User Group
Attached is the detailed.log file.
detailed.log

Simon Sticko

Sep 12, 2020, 3:08:12 PM9/12/20
to deal.II User Group
Hi,
You'll need to call cmake with the flag

-DDEAL_II_WITH_UMFPACK = ON

> Also, do I need to reinstall dealii everytime I realise that I have not configured dealii with a particular package?

Yes. However, if you need several of the optional dependencies, there is a script that can make the installation process easier here:

Best,
Simon

Animesh Rastogi IIT Gandhinagar

Sep 12, 2020, 3:33:34 PM9/12/20
to deal.II User Group
Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply. I am now trying to reinstall dealII with candi. In the list of libraries, it does not show UMFPACK. Will it configure it from the bundles or do I need to install SuiteSparse?

Thanks!

Animesh

Animesh Rastogi IIT Gandhinagar

Sep 13, 2020, 5:35:44 AM9/13/20
to deal.II User Group
Hi All,

I was able to run this problem in my PC. I reinstalled dealii after installing the required dependencies ; followed the readme of dealii to understand how to configure them together.

Thanks!

AR