MGTransferBlockMatrixFree< dim, Number > ::clear rrmoves number of blocks

Michał Wichrowski

Aug 12, 2019, 3:28:16 PM8/12/19
to deal.II User Group
Dear all,
I found out that calling
 MGTransferBlockMatrixFree< dim, Number > ::clear
sets the number of blocks to 0/ It is followed directly by build(dofs); will thow an exeption:
Additional information:
    Dimension 0 not equal to 2.
There is no way to set number of block properly other than using MGConstrainedDoFs . In case of DG where  there are no constrains this requires creating dummy objects.
Moreover the default contructor (without parameters) does not work (error in compilation - deleted function). Using it could be useful for DG.  I would suggest:
1) adding constuctor with number of blocks
2) adding function that sets number of blocks

Best
Michal

Daniel Arndt

Aug 12, 2019, 5:48:57 PM8/12/19
to dea...@googlegroups.com
Michal,

[...]
Moreover the default contructor (without parameters) does not work (error in compilation - deleted function). Using it could be useful for DG.  I would suggest:
1) adding constuctor with number of blocks
2) adding function that sets number of blocks

So you want to a separate function that calls the current interface with default constructed MGConstraindedDoFs objects?
We are happy to have a look and discuss if you create a pull request for this.

Thanks, for reporting the problem with the default constructor. I will have a look.

Best,
Daniel

Michał Wichrowski

Aug 14, 2019, 6:16:15 AM8/14/19
to deal.II User Group

So you want to a separate function that calls the current interface with default constructed MGConstraindedDoFs objects?
We are happy to have a look and discuss if you create a pull request for this.

Thanks, for reporting the problem with the default constructor. I will have a look.

Best,
Daniel

Ok, I'll try to do it (little later, I'm too busy now).