A small question about subdomain renumbering

yuesu jin

Aug 6, 2020, 12:08:58 AM8/6/20
to deal.II User Group
Dear all,
  I have a question about DoFRenumbering::subdomain_wise(dof_handler). In step-17 tutorial for example, this function doesn't use the argument of n_mpi_processes, how does it know how many subdomains it should divide the dofs into?
After we renumbered the subdomain and get the locally_owned_dofs_per_subomain, we can already use this_mpi_process to access the partition vector, which means the subdomain partition has been done according to the n_mpi_processes.
Best regards,
--
Yuesu Jin,
Ph.D student,

Bruno Turcksin

Aug 6, 2020, 9:51:29 AM8/6/20
to deal.II User Group
Yuesu,

On Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 12:08:58 AM UTC-4, yuesu jin wrote:
Dear all,
  I have a question about DoFRenumbering::subdomain_wise(dof_handler). In step-17 tutorial for example, this function doesn't use the argument of n_mpi_processes, how does it know how many subdomains it should divide the dofs into?

The DoFHandler has access to the Triangulation which knows this information because we call GridTools::partition_triangulation() before we call DoFRenumbering::subdomain_wise().

Best,

Bruno