Point receivers

yuesu jin

Jul 26, 2020, 4:58:41 PM7/26/20
to deal.II User Group
Dear all,
  I am working on an elastic wave simulation code which needs to set up receivers on the surface boundaries to record the waveform.  In this case, how can I link the point coordinate with the dof handlers and extract values from the solution vector? Thank you!
Best regards,

--
Yuesu Jin,

Daniel Arndt

Jul 26, 2020, 6:55:09 PM7/26/20
to dea...@googlegroups.com
Yuesu,

Have a look at FEFieldFunction (https://www.dealii.org/current/doxygen/deal.II/classFunctions_1_1FEFieldFunction.html) for the case that the interpolation points don't coincide with support points for nodal elements.
Otherwise, you can use DoFTools::map_dofs_to_support_points (https://www.dealii.org/current/doxygen/deal.II/namespaceDoFTools.html#a5c7b6729af729af6d7deb67885467a79) and search fo the corresponding degree of freedom.

Best,
Daniel

yuesu jin

Jul 26, 2020, 10:50:10 PM7/26/20
to deal.II User Group
Dear Daniel,
  Thank you very much! It solves my question!
Best wishes,
Yuesu

--
Yuesu Jin,