Determine location of a degree of freedom

Sean Johnson

Jul 28, 2023, 5:50:57 PM7/28/23
to deal.II User Group
Is there a way to findout the "coordinates" of a degree of freedom? I want to strongly enforce all degrees of freedom on a boundary be 0 in a DG dof_handler. I know this is not normal for DG. It is done to avoid an edge that otherwise contains a singularity. However, the degrees of freedom are not logically on the boundary and as far as I understand they aren't even on the face of their respective cells but the interior. I can determine the cells that contain degrees of freedom that are physically on this outer boundary but not "logically" there within Deal.II. I just need to be able to differentiate between the other degrees of freedom within the cell now so that I can set the constraints.

Thanks for any time spent answering this,
Sean Johnson

Lucas Myers

Jul 28, 2023, 5:56:47 PM7/28/23
to dea...@googlegroups.com

Sean Johnson

Jul 28, 2023, 5:59:00 PM7/28/23
to deal.II User Group
I'm so sorry that it was in the FAQ.

Thanks for the fast response. I will try this immediately. Thanks again

Lucas Myers

Jul 28, 2023, 6:02:02 PM7/28/23
to dea...@googlegroups.com
Hey no worries, I have also been caught posting questions that were in the FAQ.

- Lucas