error while installing dealii

ME20S001 Bardawal Prakash

Jun 24, 2020, 7:03:16 AM6/24/20
to dea...@googlegroups.com
 1. While running make command, after 4 to 5 hours i'm getting error like internal compiler error:killed ( program ccplus )  or  fatal error:killed signal terminated program ccplus.
2.while running the command again it is moving 4 to 5% forward in 3 to 4 hours  and again getting the same error.
3.I'm new to start dealii, can you help me for solving  this issue and here  i'm attaching few  snapshots of this error.

IMG-20200514-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20200516-WA0008.jpg
IMG-20200517-WA0003.jpg

simon...@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2020, 7:35:40 AM6/24/20
to deal.II User Group
Hi,
In your first sceenshot you can see this error message:

"virtual memory exhausted: Cannot allocate memory"

From your other screenshots it looks like you are running ubuntu in a virtual box. If that is the case, I would expect that increasing the RAM of your virtual machine will fix the problem. If I'm not mistaken, at least 3GB is needed to compile dealii, so maybe < 4GB would be a good choice.

Best,
Simon

ME20S001 Bardawal Prakash

Jun 24, 2020, 7:54:00 AM6/24/20
to dea...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I will try with that modification