Location for Boundary Condition Application

McKenzie Davis

Jul 23, 2020, 12:30:39 PM7/23/20
to deal.II User Group
Hello!

I'm interested in applying a non-homogeneous Dirichlet boundary condition to a specific edge. However, I'm unsure how to identify or specify a particular edge or face to add the boundary condition to. Could you help clear this up for me?

Thank you for your help,

McKenzie

Daniel Arndt

Jul 23, 2020, 1:47:14 PM7/23/20
to dea...@googlegroups.com
McKenzie,

I'm interested in applying a non-homogeneous Dirichlet boundary condition to a specific edge. However, I'm unsure how to identify or specify a particular edge or face to add the boundary condition to. Could you help clear this up for me?

What do you know about that particular edge? You can always ask faces or edges, e.g., about their midpoints. Have a look at https://www.dealii.org/current/doxygen/deal.II/step_6.html#Abettermesh.

Best,
Daniel

Wolfgang Bangerth