[deal.II] Can Class DataPostprocessor access cell of triangulation?

hkch...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2022, 10:41:27 AM4/28/22
to deal.II User Group
Hi, everyone

I want to use DataPostprocessor to compute the stress of solid, but my solid is composed of more than one material, so I can distinguish each part by the cell->material_id(), but how can I use Class DataPostprocessor to output stress of different material? It seems that the active_cell_iterator can't be accessed by the Class DataPostprocessor

Best
Chen

Jean-Paul Pelteret

Apr 28, 2022, 3:15:01 PM4/28/22
to dea...@googlegroups.com
Dear Chen,

Would it be correct to say that you’ve implemented a class that derives from DataPostprocessor[Scalar,Vector,Tensor] and that you’re wanting to access the cell from your overriding implementation of evaluate_[scalar,vector]_field()? If so, then take a look at the DataPostprocessorInputs classes that are passed in as the first argument to this function. They implement a get_cell() function that can be called from the point that you’re wanting to compute the stress.

I hope that this helps.

Best,
Jean-Paul

hkch...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2022, 10:51:48 PM4/28/22
to deal.II User Group
Thanks, Jean-Paul Pelteret.
The get_cell() function is introduced in deal.II-8.5.0, but I'm using deal.II-8.2.1 so I will output the component of strain tensor as the tutorial step-33 does. And computing the stress in paraview. Thank you!
Best
Chen