Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Ramprasad R

no leída,
16 jul 2019, 10:21:55 a.m.16/7/2019
para deal.II User Group
Hello All,

I am getting an error when I try to compile the step-18. It states "PETScWrappers does not name a type". I wanted to know if anyone else has faced the same problem. And if there is a solution to this.

Thank you.

Daniel Arndt

no leída,
16 jul 2019, 11:12:51 a.m.16/7/2019
para deal.II User Group
Ramprasad,

Let's first rule out some simple problems. Which version of deal.II are you using? Did you compile deal.II with MPI and PETSc support?
We only define the namecpacePETScWrappers when DEAL_II_WITH_PETSC=ON. Can you provide us with the content of the detailed.log file in your build directory?

Best,
Daniel

Ramprasad R

no leída,
16 jul 2019, 11:51:00 a.m.16/7/2019
para dea...@googlegroups.com
Dear Daniel,
The version of deal.ii is 9.0.1 and the version of PETSc is 3.10.5. I also changed the config file of deal.ii to have MPI PETSc on.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Ramprasad

Bruno Turcksin

no leída,
16 jul 2019, 3:13:34 p.m.16/7/2019
para deal.II User Group
Ramprasad,

On Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 11:51:00 AM UTC-4, Ramprasad R wrote:
The version of deal.ii is 9.0.1 and the version of PETSc is 3.10.5. I also changed the config file of deal.ii to have MPI PETSc on.
What do you mean by "I changed the config file of deal.II"? You should not change any file generated by deal.II. When you compiled deal.II, did you use the option -DDEAL_II_WITH_PETSC=ON? If not, deal.II was not compiled with PETSc supports.

Best,

Bruno

Ramprasad R

no leída,
17 jul 2019, 5:12:22 a.m.17/7/2019
para dea...@googlegroups.com
Hello Bruno,
Yes I have used the option -DDEAL_II_WITH_PETSC=ON. and I have also used the command to specify the location of petsc. "-DPETSC_DIR=/home/ramprasad/petsc-3.10.5". The error still pertains.

Thank you.

Regards,
Ramprasad

Daniel Arndt

no leída,
17 jul 2019, 8:14:55 a.m.17/7/2019
para deal.II User Group
Ramprasad,

Did you also recompile, i.e. run 'make', afterwards? Can you also show us the file 'detailed.log' in your build directory and the the file 'base/config.h' in your installation directory?

Best,
Daniel

Ramprasad R

no leída,
17 jul 2019, 11:24:16 a.m.17/7/2019
para dea...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Yes I did recompile it. The details of the config files are in the attachment.
Regards,
Ramprasad Raghunath

detailed.log
config.h

Bruno Turcksin

no leída,
17 jul 2019, 11:31:52 a.m.17/7/2019
para dea...@googlegroups.com
Ramprasad,

Le mer. 17 juil. 2019 à 11:24, Ramprasad R
<ramprasad...@gmail.com> a écrit :
> Yes I did recompile it. The details of the config files are in the attachment.
There is something strange in you installation: detailed.log says that
you are using PETSc but config.h says that you are not. It looks like
you compiled deal.II without PETSc and then in the same directory
recompiled deal.II with PETSc supports. This can cause the strange
behavior that you are seeing. Remove your build directory and
reinstall deal.II from scratch.

Best,

Bruno

Ramprasad R

no leída,
19 jul 2019, 4:56:47 a.m.19/7/2019
para dea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,
The problem is now solved. The issue was that, the bash rc did not have the location of PETSc. This line in the bash file solved the problem "export PETSC_DIR=/path/to/petsc-x-y-z""

Regards,
Ramprasad

Responder a todos
Responder al autor