Clemson Computational Math Seminar: Bruno Blais - Feb 4

Timo Heister

Mar 25, 2022, 1:12:11 PM3/25/22
to dea...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I would like to announce the following seminar talk in our Clemson
Computational Math seminar that is related to deal.II. If you are
interested, feel free to join using the zoom link below.

Date and time: Monday, March 28 at 11:15am Eastern time
Speaker: Matthias Maier (Texas A&M University)
Title: Efficient parallel 3d computation of the compressible
Navier-Stokes equations

Zoom link: https://clemson.zoom.us/j/96402109287

Abstract:
A high-performance second-order collocation-type finite-element scheme for
solving the compressible Navier-Stokes equations on unstructured meshes is
presented. The method uses Strang splitting, is second-order accurate in
time and space, and is based on a convex limiting technique introduced by
Guermond et al. (SIAM J. Sci. Comput. 40, A3211-A3239, 2018). As such it is
invariant-domain preserving, meaning, the solver maintains important
physical invariants and is guaranteed to be stable without the use of
ad-hoc tuning parameters.
In this talk I will introduce the discretization technique, discuss the
convex limiting approach and algorithmic design of the method, and comment
on a high-performance implementation utilizing SIMD (single instruction
multiple data) vectorization.

--
Timo Heister
http://www.math.clemson.edu/~heister/

Timo Heister

Mar 25, 2022, 1:15:31 PM3/25/22
to dea...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am sorry for messing up the title. The talk is of course given on
Monday by Matthias as written in the body of the email.

Best,
Timo

blais...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2022, 6:41:31 AM3/26/22
to deal.II User Group
You had me scared there for a moment.
Looking forward to this :)!

Praveen C

Apr 1, 2022, 11:48:06 PM4/1/22
to deal.II User Group
Is the video of this talk archived somewhere ?
Thanks
praveen

Timo Heister

Apr 2, 2022, 11:01:08 AM4/2/22
to dea...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I can not share a recording at this point, sorry.