Remove constraints at some DoF

yy.wayne

Mar 17, 2023, 9:45:50 PM3/17/23
to deal.II User Group
Hello my friends,

I'm working on problems with singularity fields. Is it possible to remove a constraint line/entry at specific DoF? Say at the edge of a corner in 3d, the two faces intersect at the corner are already interpolate with zero boundary condition. However I want to un-constraint the DoF exactly at the corner rather on faces (for FE_Q elements). Is there a function to remove constraint on already constrained DoFs?

yy.wayne

Mar 17, 2023, 11:09:57 PM3/17/23
to deal.II User Group
Another question relates to singular field that, do we support mixed finite elements (with cg elements and dg elements at different location)?
I only see mixed order formulation but not  mixed element type in tutorials.

Peter Munch

Mar 18, 2023, 4:24:55 AM3/18/23
to deal.II User Group
I don't see a remove function in AffineConstraints. What you could do is to create a new AffineConstrains instance based on the old one by ignoring the unwanted entry. See also: https://github.com/dealii/dealii/blob/a654d1fe45cc11c9dbbbcaaef6f53320f459baa2/include/deal.II/lac/affine_constraints.templates.h#L526-L541

> I only see mixed order formulation but not  mixed element type in tutorials.

Maybe you could take a look at the `tests/` folders. Maybe there is an example!?

Hope this helps,
Peter

yy.wayne

Mar 18, 2023, 4:28:45 AM3/18/23
to deal.II User Group
Thansk Peter.  Appreciate your feedback.

Best,
Wayne

Wolfgang Bangerth

Mar 19, 2023, 2:43:26 PM3/19/23
to dea...@googlegroups.com
On 3/17/23 21:09, 'yy.wayne' via deal.II User Group wrote:
> Another question relates to singular field that, do we support mixed finite
> elements (with cg elements and dg elements at different location)?
> I only see mixed order formulation but not  mixed element type in tutorials.

The canonical reference for using different elements in different parts of the
domain is step-46.

Best
W.

Wolfgang Bangerth email: bang...@colostate.edu