FRIDAY: "Rock The Dock For Barack" for Obama's Birthday @ Yards Park Marina Concert!

Jim McBride

Aug 3, 2023, 4:33:32 PM8/3/23
to dccareer...@googlegroups.com

Join Network For Progress for the 2nd Annual "Rock The Dock For Barack" to celebrate President Barack Obama's 62nd Birthday on August 4th and summer congressional recess with a gathering of Democrats, Progressives, Hope Mongers and Change Makers!

(sorry but Obama won't be in attendance this is for our DC/MD/VA networks)

Come to make connections and learn more about Get-Out-The-Vote opportunities for Virginia's critical 2023 State Elections and the Biden-Harris campaign in 2024.

Since its summer what better way to come together than with the outdoor Capitol Riverfront Concert at Yards Park Marina! This week's show features Broadsound from 7pm-9pm. Learn More at https://www.capitolriverfront.org/do/friday-night-concert-series-2023 and https://www.broadsoundband.com.

The band is far enough away that we can hear eachother if you want to talk but feel free to move closer at any time as well.

We will meet along the wall of the left walkway if you face the stage near the food/beverage stands on the boardwalk. I will be wearing an Obama '08 shirt with some decorations and a birthday dessert.

Text Jim at 703-867-5070 if you would like help finding us. We will have name tags to make introductions easier and feel free to wear Obama gear or anything else to show off your favorite cause!

Please also BYO chairs, blankets, food and non-alcoholic refreshments and even some snacks to share potluck-style! There's a Harris Teeter a couple blocks away if you need to grab something on the way. Outside alcohol technically isn't allowed so if you bring any be discreet.

RSVP: https://tinyurl.com/RockTheDockForBarack2023