MOSS F5J lite contest Saturday 4-9-22

gbe...@insight.rr.com

Apr 4, 2022, 4:00:14 PM4/4/22
to Dayton ARea Thermal Soarers
MOSS F5J Lite contest this Saturday 4-9-22 at Twin Towers
Pilot meeting 9:30 am  Flying to start by 10 am
Will be doing a Matrix draw prior to the start of the contest so do not be late.   be there by 9:30 so we can get everybody entered into the scoring computer for the Matrix draw. will start flying by 10am weather permitting.

Weather does not look good for Saturday, 60% chance of rain and snow  till about 10 am .  Temps in the upper 30's and low 40's throughout the day.  I have not seen a wind forecast yet but if there is wind predictions 10 or above I will most likely cancel.

Jay and I have been working on a Draft of what MOSS F5J lite will look like in  2022. I am going in the direction of making it more F5Jish as F5J  seems to be the contest format  that we need to learn for the future. Will be using GliderScore and trying  to learn Smartphone score entry.  Paper score cards will be issued  as well so no Smartphone required.

some changes from last year:
Matrix generated groups for scoring. ( be on time to be entered into the Matrix Draw before the contest begins)
No landing points if you fly more than the task time. We will see if we can make this work.
For ALES style AMRT limiters launch height will be altitude set plus 8 meters

Things that will stay the same:
both f5J and ALES style AMRT limiters are permitted
ALES  Al Style 10 second soft Launch window.
Varios and Skegs permitted.

Comments Suggestions always welcome.  Fun is goal #1, Learning new things, Contests formats, contest strategies and challenges are secondary.

Thanks for your patience
   Greg Bell

gatru...@aol.com

Apr 4, 2022, 10:27:08 PM4/4/22
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
I wish we could postpone it as some of us are going to a tour event

Jeff Huntsman

Apr 6, 2022, 6:52:30 PM4/6/22
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
All,
Watching weather for Sunday. I will be CD for Ales on Sunday if weather works out. I will follow up as weekend develops.
Thank you,

gbe...@insight.rr.com

Apr 6, 2022, 11:18:03 PM4/6/22
to Dayton ARea Thermal Soarers
Saturdays MOSS F5J lite is canceled.
Wind chills in the 30's,  chance of rain ,  and wind gusts to 14mph  to 22 mph depending on the website.  These conditions are no fun for anyone.
Greg Bell

Jeff Huntsman

Apr 8, 2022, 6:04:11 AM4/8/22
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
All,
Looking at Sunday weather, I am going to cancel Sunday’s event4/10 Weather looks to be 10mph and temperatures continue to drop with daily forecast. Additionally the rain has soaked the area.

Jay Watkins

Apr 8, 2022, 7:48:21 AM4/8/22
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
Jeff,
Thanks for making a tough call. We all wish it could have worked out better.
Jay

Sent from my iPhone

JD Filkins

Apr 8, 2022, 8:01:49 AM4/8/22
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
I've updated the Club Calendar to reflect the call...

JD