MOSS Woody contest June 19th at Twin Towers

gbe...@insight.rr.com

Jun 13, 2021, 2:20:39 PM6/13/21
to Dayton ARea Thermal Soarers
Contest format:

Mix launch: winch, high start, electric.
Electric launch height limited to 100m via CAM or similar altitude limiting device.
2 classes:
     2M and under;
     more that 2M

2 Events each class
     Ladder;  3min-6min-9min-12min-15min-18 min.........
     Longest Flight

     plane must come to  rest in one of the 20 meter diameter landing circles to count.

Will fly from 10 am  till 2pm
last launch no later than 2pm.
Ties will be broken by fly off

 Lunch about noon will be provided

Questions, comments post up here or give me a call

Greg Bell

Mark Groves

Jun 16, 2021, 12:47:56 PM6/16/21
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
Can you compete in more than one event? Two meter and greater than two meter. Plane span dictates class not launch method.

Sent from my iPhone

gbe...@insight.rr.com

Jun 16, 2021, 1:41:05 PM6/16/21
to Dayton ARea Thermal Soarers
Yes you may compete in as many events as you please
 - greater than 2M ladder
-greater than 2M longest flight
- 2M or less ladder
-2M or less longest flight.

Also will set up a landing Box  100 to 150 meter square  that all flight will need to land in to count instead of 20 meter diameter  landing Circles
Pilots meeting  945 AM with flying to start at 10 am
Will have 3 winches ( one will be the wimpy winch)  bring your F3RES or other high start if you want to set one up to launch your  plane(s). I will  bring at least 1 F3RES high start

Greg

Jeff Huntsman

Jun 16, 2021, 8:57:40 PM6/16/21
to dayton...@googlegroups.com

gbe...@insight.rr.com

Jun 17, 2021, 9:43:24 AM6/17/21
to Dayton ARea Thermal Soarers
Currently watching the Weather for Sat June 19th.   Contest still on.
Current Wind forecast on wind.willyweather.com is  8.5 mph at 11 am and 12.5 mph at 2 pm   If forecast goes above  13  between 10 am and 2 pm may consider canceling .
Will make the fly/ no fly decision about 9 pm Friday as  the wind forecast comes out about 8:30 pm.

Tom and Jeff thanks for letting me know your intentions

Greg

Marc Marcum

Jun 17, 2021, 3:11:19 PM6/17/21
to dayton...@googlegroups.com
Greg, I'm not planning to attend. No woodies. Marc

gbe...@insight.rr.com

Jun 18, 2021, 7:28:20 PM6/18/21
to Dayton ARea Thermal Soarers
I am canceling the Woody event  for Saturday June 19th .
This is due to the wind forecasts from 5 different weather sites  that range from  11 to 18 mph at 10 am  and  14 to 18 mph at 2pm, and  Thunderstorms throughout the day.

Sorry Gents,
Greg